Obama in the middle

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Obama in the middle

Postby doodoobird on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Mostly for the sake of reviving the politics thread from the dead, lets talk Obama.
It seems as though mr. President elect will be ruling from the center. Very different from the Obama that we first met a few years ago. I for one like it. I like it a lot. We need to push aside that partisan bullshit in a time like this. So far, I must say, I aint as apprehensive as I once was at the notion of an Obama presidency. But let me get back on track. The question at hand is, what do you guys think of Obama taking the middle road???????????????????
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: Obama in the middle

Postby Florida on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm

I'm glad. I think he sees this country not as blue or red states but as a nation of people he is ultimately responsible for and has to do the best he can for...
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby grasking on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Clowns to the left. Jokers to the right.
grasking

Postby doodoobird on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 am

Grassy, tell me if those words conjure up the same image to you that it does for me. A cop getting his ear cut off????????????????? That psycho Mr. Fucking blond.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:38 am

Im just wondering if this economy has hit the bottom yet.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:49 am

doodoobird wrote:Grassy, tell me if those words conjure up the same image to you that it does for me. A cop getting his ear cut off????????????????? That psycho Mr. Fucking blond.

Torture, that sounds like a good idea.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:53 am

All I care about at this point is his success at rebuilding the economy and getting healthcare for everyone. The way I look at it now, if he fails we all fail.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:00 pm

agreed
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Well, i knew that this would happen( the economy). Its just bad when it directly hits you. My university has to make a 25% downsize..and im wondering why( property taxes pays and other things that really dont change pays for the schools) and if my PhD program will be affected( Physics isnt the most popular of choices)........and of course...WILL TUITON GO TO THE ROOF
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:52 pm

demorganakamark wrote:Well, i knew that this would happen( the economy). Its just bad when it directly hits you. My university has to make a 25% downsize..and im wondering why( property taxes pays and other things that really dont change pays for the schools) and if my PhD program will be affected( Physics isnt the most popular of choices)........and of course...WILL TUITON GO TO THE ROOF

I should think science and math would be safe, Mark. It's usually the arts that go first. Of course I am concerned about tuition. My daughter has at least 3 more semesters to go and she's already talking about graduate school. I have a feeling we're going to be completely broke before it's all over. Sooner if hubby gets laid off.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 am

I have to ask, does anyone still think Obama is taking a "middle road?"
Mosbey

Postby Shane88 on Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:56 pm

As far as the economy is concerned, to me it seems awfully odd that the market has been surging the last couple of weeks, but it seems the work has not really picked up much if at all. Our company just furloughed 20% of it's employees and an across the board 10% pay cut. As far as Obama goes, his political charisma and foreign diplomacy is a breath of fresh air for sure. Im not sure if I'm sold on guaranteed health insurance for everyone, it sounds shiny on the outside, but trust me, I have had government medical care and it is piss poor. You seem to get D student doctors and nurses when things become "free".

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 am

There was an article in our paper about how it does seem like the economy might be turning around but the corporations don't really trust the trend yet and therefore are being very cautious about hiring or re-hiring just yet. Sucks for those of us looking for work. :(

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:18 pm

Sadly, I am not seeing anything quite that optimistic, and, if past history is any indication, the massive government spending will only make things worse.
Mosbey

Postby Shane88 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:44 am

Things are picking up in the civil engineering projects we have at work.

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here