Patriots my ass

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Patriots my ass

Postby Mosbey on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 am

BB

Sadly, as someone with first hand knowledge of the COBRA system myself…I have to say those figures are likely “gross exaggerations,” as it is doubtful in the extreme that a $700 premium was reduced down to anywhere near only $24, Obama or otherwise...if one is comparing "apples to apples." They did pass a subsidized reduction of COBRA rates for 9 months iirc, but NOTHING anywhere near to THAT extent.

And even if they had…TANSTAAFL…that $625 difference would only come at the expense of other workers…and…frankly, our grandchildren… Someone always has to pay those bills.
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:53 pm

There's really no talking to you Mosbey. Here I gave you a real world example and you don't believe it. Or even if it is true, the guy shouldn't be sponging off the rest of us. Ok. The guy lied to me. He ought to pay $700 for health insurance even though he hasn't been able to get another job with benefits. Just one more question before I go back to ignoring you: Where is your heart?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:54 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:...I gave you a real world example...

No, BB, you gave an anecdotal flight of fantasy. NO insurance premium dropped from $700 to $25 for the same coverage due to Obama.

Just what do you think is going to happen here with ObamaCare?

Do you honestly believe, with a simple wave of his pen and some 1700 pages of bill, Obama can create a healthcare system that that is going to be abundant and free to all, and thereby lifting a great weight off the shoulders of millions? That Republicans---for nothing more than cheap political purposes---have aligned with foul miserly scrooges like myself, to prevent you and all the good peoples of the land from reaching this Shangri-La?

Betsy_Boo wrote: Where is your heart?

My heart is also safe and secure with a beautiful young woman, thank you for your ‘concern.’ Believe it or not, I AM a person. Your frequent personal insults and attacks truly are unbecoming.
Last edited by Mosbey on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mosbey

Postby doodoobird on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 pm

I heard a story just like that from someone I know was not b.s'ing. It was a family member. Now, I have complete coverage and can easily sit back and not worry about this issue but the fact of the matter is: many cant afford or are going into major debt with their health plan or lack of one. I dont believe in government run universal health care but helping those in need cant be a bad thing, right??? Can we agree on that, Mosbey???
Yo mama
doodoobird

Previous

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here