Patriots my ass

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Patriots my ass

Postby doodoobird on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:41 pm

I'll keep this short and simple: I still consider myself a republican but I am sooooo turned off by whats going on. 'The party of no' have made it clear that they would rather see us go down in flames if it means gaining a little political capital. They make me sick, really. If our current system continues to only care about this week then how will the week after look? How long until we talk about America as a once great nation??? We need more moderates. More politicians who are willing to work together, keeping in mind that they work for US and that Americans are suffering. I see Obama keeping his promise of Bi partisanship and I also see a group of people who want to see him fail at any cost, people who have the nerve to call themselves patriots. I see people like Glenn Beck who tries to stir up hysteria and actually damages our nation just for higher ratings. Got a question: how long can we really go on like this for??? Our country's facing some serious shit right now. Our survival is not guarenteed by any means. Sad. :cry:
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: Patriots my ass

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm

doodoobird wrote:I'll keep this short and simple: I still consider myself a republican but I am sooooo turned off by whats going on. 'The party of no' have made it clear that they would rather see us go down in flames if it means gaining a little political capital. They make me sick, really. If our current system continues to only care about this week then how will the week after look? How long until we talk about America as a once great nation??? We need more moderates. More politicians who are willing to work together, keeping in mind that they work for US and that Americans are suffering. I see Obama keeping his promise of Bi partisanship and I also see a group of people who want to see him fail at any cost, people who have the nerve to call themselves patriots. I see people like Glenn Beck who tries to stir up hysteria and actually damages our nation just for higher ratings. Got a question: how long can we really go on like this for??? Our country's facing some serious shit right now. Our survival is not guarenteed by any means. Sad. :cry:

Amen, DDB! I'm sick and tired of the whole thing. I keep thinking I should leave the country, but I do love it here.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:57 pm

It was a great thing when Americans got together to rally behind G W after 9/11. During that time we may not have all agreed with what he was doing but we knew we had to support him.... and then W took advantage of that, but regardless, we were one nation for a short while. I certainly dont agree with Obama on everything but I understand that he needs our support so I give it. IN FACT, he gets more support then I would have ever thought mostly due to how disgusting the right is behaving right now. This last year or so has made me so jaded when it comes to politics but I cant abandon it altogether, as long as I have to live with their decisions. And the media has a lot to do with it too. They feed the fire, as we all know. Am starting to thing that this country needs a new revolution. Bloody it will be but perhaps its a must.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby This_Girl on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:42 pm

I am so very naive to all of this, I know...
I have never thought that any person (elected, appointed, or regular citizen) wouldn't want what is best for our Country as a whole. Of course they'll all have different ideas and beliefs. I always thought various views could be benefical...
It fucking scares me that our Decision & Law Makers are acting like high school kids in these cliques.... Only backing certain people or policies based on nothing more than who/what they represent in areas that have nothing to do with the other. I certainly have no answers to solve any of the many issues - I do have enough sense to see my country as a whole and not some f'ing pep-rally Rah Rah Rah!!! It's gross.
I just really wish we could all feel secure as a nation. I am not a part of the solution so I am for sure part of the problem. I honestly deal with all this "crap" by ignoring and saying "They won't let it get bad."
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:16 am

I'm kinda where you are TG. I think it's because we feel as individuals we have no real power to change anything. It's totally frustrating.

This reminds me of Joe's definition of evil..."Sometimes you just wanna have it and you don't care who gets hurt." Any of these politicians of either party who would rather see the country go down in flames rather than lose their own personal power and money are, IMO, Evil.

Betsy_Boo

Postby foxslady on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 am

I get so tired of Obama bashing. They won't give his Healthcare plan a chance, they complain about the economy and the job situation, and of course they say it's his fault he said we were going to have change and look what's happened.
Well it took alot more than a year to get into this mess and I see no way he can get us out of it in a couple of years. He's doing his best and getting little cooperation.
For some reason in our house we seem to have a little more spending money and we have some savings, never had that while Shrub was in office.
Now I'm getting really scared cause I keep hearing people say that Sarah Palin may run for president and how great they think she'd be. WTF are they thinking?? Women's rights would be back in the 40's.
Please help our President achieve his goals, they are good ones.

Barb
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:21 am

foxslady wrote:I get so tired of Obama bashing. They won't give his Healthcare plan a chance, they complain about the economy and the job situation, and of course they say it's his fault he said we were going to have change and look what's happened.
Well it took alot more than a year to get into this mess and I see no way he can get us out of it in a couple of years. He's doing his best and getting little cooperation.
For some reason in our house we seem to have a little more spending money and we have some savings, never had that while Shrub was in office.
Now I'm getting really scared cause I keep hearing people say that Sarah Palin may run for president and how great they think she'd be. WTF are they thinking?? Women's rights would be back in the 40's.

Barb

If Palin gets nominated for pres...OMG. cant thinkk about that...clear you mind..snowtop mountains....anything except that. lol
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:20 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
foxslady wrote:I get so tired of Obama bashing. They won't give his Healthcare plan a chance, they complain about the economy and the job situation, and of course they say it's his fault he said we were going to have change and look what's happened.

Barb

If Palin gets nominated for pres...OMG. cant thinkk about that...clear you mind..snowtop mountains....anything except that. lol

LOL!

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:49 pm

I have a feeling that i'll end up voting for Obama next election. If the Republicans keep this shit up then I WILL abandon them completely. And unless they come up with someone better then Palin or mr. plastic (romney) then they aint getting my vote.
PALIN.... can you imagine that????? She will set us back at least twenty to thirty years. Progress will halt on all fronts. Science, civil liberties..... national intelligence levels (hahahaha). The whole damn castle will come tumbling down.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Mosbey on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:07 am

It is laughable to blame the Republicans…a party currently in such a super MINORITY position…for the failings of the current administration.
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 am

doodoobird wrote:I have a feeling that i'll end up voting for Obama next election. If the Republicans keep this shit up then I WILL abandon them completely. And unless they come up with someone better then Palin or mr. plastic (romney) then they aint getting my vote.
PALIN.... can you imagine that????? She will set us back at least twenty to thirty years. Progress will halt on all fronts. Science, civil liberties..... national intelligence levels (hahahaha). The whole damn castle will come tumbling down.

DDBird...theres no way that can happen. If that happened, then im going to church and hope that im one of those that goes to heaven first..lol. You know that would spell out THE END OF DAYS.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby doodoobird on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:02 am

I think thats bullshit Mosbey. The right wing attack machine has been in overdrive the moment Obama took power. They really ARE the party of no. And I give them credit because despite the lack of seats they make their presence known. Can you imagine if the dems were in their position??? They would be stepped on and wouldnt make a sound. Mostly because, pardon the french, the dems are complete pussys. That same attack machine has successfully turned the public against policys they were in favor of not too long ago. Its fustrating because I would really like to see a functioning government to solve our problems rather then a non functioning one that can cant even pee straight. And I think Obama has been open to including them but being that it would benefit the right to shit on him and say no to everything to take a greater share of the power this November, why not, right??? FUCK THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. THEY HAVE HEALTH CARE, THEY HAVE JOBS, FUCK THE PEOPLE.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Mosbey on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:52 pm

That simply does not pass the straight face test.
For starters, the “party of no” you keep bantering about is a label created by the Demo attack machine to disparage and attack the opposition. Frankly, I do not get it. We have all been there. What is wrong with saying ‘no’ to the unrealistic or stupid?

Mommy, can I play with matches? NO
Daddy, can I stick this key in that light-socket? NO
Mommy, Can I flap my arms really hard and jump of the roof like a birdie! NO
American Voters, can we continue to further socialize this country? HELL NO

The “right wing attack machine” has not been any more successful undermining Obama post election than they were in stopping him from coming to office. Enough moderates did not listen to them prior to the election and NO ONE has suddenly been by hypnotized by some evil spawn of Rush Limbaugh.

Neither this “right wing attack machine” nor the Republican “Party of NO” legislators can claim CREDIT for stalling Obama agenda. You have to look towards those White House CoS Rahm Emanuel termed “FUCKING RETARDS! (sic),” Democrats that are now baulking at blinding supporting the current agenda, to place actually CREDIT. Many are becoming more afraid of their voters than they are of the “Chicago Regime in the White House.” For the sake of argument, DDB, this evidence somewhat counters your “Democrats are complete pussys” claim. :wink:

Like it or not, the leftist Democrats now completely OWN this debacle, If the Democrats stick together, “the party of no” has little to NO power to stop them. Frankly put, the American Voters have placed Obama, Pelosi, and Reid in a “put-up or shut-up position,” and sadly for them, every time they open their mouths, more info is forced out, more people catch on, they lose more support among democrats and swing voters, and their poll numbers slip a bit further south.
Last edited by Mosbey on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mosbey

Postby Mosbey on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:53 pm

:oops: I need to clarify something in my above posting…I shall blame it on a rapid thought process and cut and paste…after all, everyone is aware that I am without flaw. :wink:

Rahm Emanuel, actually said that the Liberal Critics of the Conservative and moderate Democrats were F’ing Retards, irrational, and insane. He is afraid of losing the Big D majority should the D vote be split between left center and Far left.
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:00 pm

You know DDB, if I were 30 years younger...

Seriously, I had a conversation with a man today who has been laid off 3 times in the last 3 years. Before Obama he had to pay almost $700 for COBRA. Since Obama...$24. Honest to God, that's the truth. Mosbey.

Betsy_Boo

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here