Rate the president!!!

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Rate the president!!!

Postby doodoobird on Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Obama came in promising change at a level never before seen. Many of us bought it hook line and sinker. Why? Because we were desperate for it and if there ever was a man who could change things it was Obama: just putting him in the white house was a significant change in itself, just by his appearence. But here we are,over six months later, and I ask: WHAT DO YOU THINK???? It would be unfair to say this early in his presidency, that he is a liar who has not changed ANYTHING. I mean, Americans are naturally impatient when it comes to just about everything, we like it fast and easy, so there are those out there who would judge Obama this early, but the fact is, most of those people didnt like him to begin with. So am not gonna ask if you think Obama has lived up to the expectations, that will be decided three and a half years from now (and even then it might be too early), but I will ask, DO YOU THINK THAT OBAMA HAS AT LEAST LAID THE GROUND WORK FOR MASSIVE CHANGE????
Lets examine some of his policys that will determine change:

Climate change- He promised that he would be the president to set the stage for a green world. He maid it clear it would not be a green world by the time he steps down, instead, he promised a world where America leads the way in green thinking.

So I ask, has he so far lived up to this?????

Iraq- I believe he said something like having all troops out of Iraq in 19 months or something. Then we took office it became clear that though he may want troops out as soon as possible, 1)that may be impossible in that amount of time 2)the situation had changed from when he just began his campaign to him taking the oval office. He was faced with a dilema: for the first time in the war, a withdrawel was actually in sight for the benefit of the ground situation, just not there yet. Where an immediate withdrawel would harm the ground situation but if he just stayed in a little longer it might be otherwise.

So I ask? What do you think?

The economy- When he took charge, things were falling apart. Are we still at the edge of a depression. As for change, he promised an economy with less corruption. That cared more for the well being of the greater good rather then just there fat pockets.

Well, what do you think?

So it is not fair to say Obama was like every other politician: full of shit and unable to change any of the fundementals of Washington. Too early for that. But six months have passed and it IS fair to at least judge if the mans on the right track, if he has at least shown the potential for great change. What do you think?
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: Rate the president!!!

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:41 am

Just recently, ive seen something that may benefit me in the long run considering student loans. Other than that, im PATIENTLY waiting.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:32 am

Yeah...I'm doing the same. I do think it is too early to tell. The way I see it is that basically Obama is a decent, moral person and I'm trusting him to be a decent moral president. I'm hoping that the job doesn't change him and that he will stand firm on the things he believes in...at least in the things he told us he believes in. But only time will tell.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Really, I cant complain, there are others out there that are in alot worse shape than I am.
demorganakamark

Postby Mosbey on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:53 am

“Well, what do you think?”

At least we get to make up our own minds…

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/

Anyone still think that this is not a Cult of Personality?
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:24 pm

Mosbey wrote:“Well, what do you think?”

At least we get to make up our own minds…

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/24/elementary-school-students-reportedly-taught-songs-praising-president-obama/

Anyone still think that this is not a Cult of Personality?

OF course fox news would report this. Anyway, There are far more important issues in the world that needs attention. What i find even more disturbing is people who would send death treats to the principle over this. Plus,didnt they sing songs about abe lincoln, i mean, there are always two sides to the coin here. Is this a cult of personality( great song ) , fuck no, only if you want it to be.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

People now a days are a too sensitive.
demorganakamark

Postby Shane88 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Obama is the man!

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Postby Mosbey on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am

Obama is the man!

No...not a cult of personality at all....

And speaking of too sensitive, how is Obama's golf game?

http://mommylife.net/archives/2009/10/obama_more_golf.html

I cannot get images of Nero out of my mind....
Mosbey

Postby doodoobird on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:59 pm

I may be a republican but the bottom line is this:
Our country needs an FDR, not a Jimmy Carter. And the right is trying every trick under the sun to turn Obama into Jimmy, sadly, at the expense of making improvements to our country. Too bad most politicians would rather see the country go down in flames if it means it raises their political capital rather then wanting whats best for us. I may have been a major critic of Obama when he was running for office, but now that he is in, I realize that he needs our support to really make change, and the party I belong to is a FAR SECOND to that. Bottom line. And I think that if most Americans shared my view we would find ourselves in a much better place.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:37 pm

You know what, Ill get behind him. But, to be honest, i thought by now, he would have done undoing of the mess caused by Bush, but i guess that it will take more time than i originally thought.
demorganakamark

Postby foxslady on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:58 pm

don't forget it took Bush 8 years to get us into the mess. How can President Obama possibly undo it all in 1 year.
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:19 pm

foxslady wrote:don't forget it took Bush 8 years to get us into the mess. How can President Obama possibly undo it all in 1 year.

Thats so true.
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 pm

I knew this was going to happen awhile ago, think I even posted on one thread way back when on my thoughts of the Dems future. It went something like this: They took almost COMPLETE control of the House and Senate AND took the presidency last year and I thought to myself, by the way our media runs, how long is it going to be before a major backlash on the Dems takes place? Pointing the finger at the last admin (F'ed up or not) eventually wont fly anymore and its ALWAYS just a matter of time (no matter who is in charge) before people complain about something and blame SOMEONE for their problems. Warranted or not, I knew the republicans would make a comeback and when it came it would come hard but I honestly would have never believed that it would have went down so fast.
We judge too damn fast. When I watch Fox news (or whoever) and I know before they even speak that their gonna bash Obama and bash him hard, almost as if its their freaking job to make the man look bad, this makes me sad. Sad that this seems to be the way this country has to function when it can be soooooo damn harmful to our futures. To simplify it: I disagree with a lot of Obama's approach toward government. I strongly believe in small government but I understand that the times could call for a different strategy. Socially I may have some beliefs that are more 'oldschool' but its not the end of the world if Gays can marry and it does not make Obama Satan. Is it such a bad thing if something goes down in Iran and no matter what the president can say 'We've tried EVERYTHING to avoid it.' Despite differences and unlike Rush limpd*ck, I DO want to see Obama succeed because by doing so America Succeeds and if that means that I have to see a Dem as president a bit longer, so fucking be it.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:21 am

Well, if Obama doesnt succeed,neither do we at this point.
demorganakamark

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here