Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

Postby This_Girl on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:44 pm

demorganakamark wrote:ON another point.....what would you like the news to do...only report it after an attempt is made on another persons life...it doenst take alot of intelligence to pull the trigger on a weapon.

That's what I am now thinking. I do understand wondering why it's news worthy - However if the feds did nothing and it turned out to be an actual attempt/murder - then the "people" would all be screaming "They knew and did nothing". :roll: It's right, in my opinion, for them to act on things of this nature.
Besides, it's easy to avoid getting into this kind of trouble. You know, don't say your going to harm another person, especially a person with a title...Don't obtain weapons. Easy to abide.
This_Girl

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:14 pm

true TG
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Mosbey on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 am

You know, don't say your going to harm another person, especially a person with a title...

It occurs to me, what ever happened to the notion of "all men are created equal?"
Mosbey

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:56 am

What do you mean Mosbey? As far as because you have a title you get the attention and security???? If so, duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Mosbey on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:28 am

Just teasing buddy :wink:

I guess that is part of my trouble with this whole issue…if these nuts were threatening and ranting about going cross country to kill our beloved Doodoobird…how much attention would they have garnered? “Obama is a public figure!” you fire back.

The troubling aspects of this phenomenon actually goes much deeper…Michelle Malkin had an interesting article about the Assassination Chic on the left a few years back.

“But Obama is a public figure!” you repeat. Well so are President Bush, Dick Cheney, and Don Rumfeld just to name a few.

In Malkin’s own words…

“The penultimate chapter of my book Unhinged was titled “Assassination chic.” I explored the popular genre of “Kill Bush” literature, talk radio rhetoric, and art on the Left devoted to fantasies about murdering President Bush and Republicans, including:”

She goes on to list example after example.

http://michellemalkin.com/2006/08/31/as ... tion-chic/

Bush beheaded, Bush with all sorts of guns to his head, Kill Bush movies, Kill Bush T-shirts…Some of the speakers spewing this tripe are rather influential, so even if they claimed not to have been serious---there are enough violent radicals out there who just might try to follow through with the threats. Where was the outrage? Where was the media coverage? This is from MASSES of mainstream Leftists…not a pair of basement dwelling skinheads.
Mosbey

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am

You must be right, mosbey. I agree. The left is full of hypocrites, thats for damn sure. We can promote the death of a sitting president but GOD FORBID someone even came up with a plot to take out our messiah. Both are wrong. Anyway you look at it. But you know what they say.......... KARMA IS A BITCH.

And never again use me in one of your examples, Mosbey. Never. Especially one where am getting killed. Not cool there, guy. Not cool. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHa!
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Melissa on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:36 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote: And one more thing...after what happened in the past to JFK, Bobby and MLK, Obama and his family must have considered this before he ran for president. I think it proves not only how brave he is, but also that service to his country trumps personal safety. I think that makes him the real deal.

Good point Betsy, add that to my "pros" list for Obama...hehehe

I've been reading all afternoon about the amendments and referendums that I have to vote on on Tuesday and it's giving me a headache, literally. Thought I'd take a break from that and come on in here. This is all much more interesting, but still painful in that it makes me worry! I know I keep saying this, but I can't WAIT for Tuesday!! :)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Melissa on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:44 pm

doodoobird wrote:And never again use me in one of your examples, Mosbey. Never. Especially one where am getting killed. Not cool there, guy. Not cool. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHa!

You crack me up DDB!

Apparently I really had something to say above there - Shane, can I delete something I've posted?? or posted twice because I'm obviously retarded?
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Shane on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Melissa wrote:Apparently I really had something to say above there - Shane, can I delete something I've posted?? or posted twice because I'm obviously retarded?

No, but I'll do it for you. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Melissa on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:17 pm

Shane wrote:
Melissa wrote:Apparently I really had something to say above there - Shane, can I delete something I've posted?? or posted twice because I'm obviously retarded?

No, but I'll do it for you. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby LauraK on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Here's the sound of Shane as he mosies on into any number threads and cleans things up, just like a kindly lawman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJB3GSyyig

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:03 pm

LauraK wrote:Here's the sound of Shane as he mosies on into any number threads and cleans things up, just like a kindly lawman.

LK

"THERE NEVER WAS A MAN LIKE SHANE!"

Hey Shane...did your folks name you after the movie hero?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:02 am

LauraK wrote:Here's the sound of Shane as he mosies on into any number threads and cleans things up, just like a kindly lawman.

Some of my pals would say this one is more fitting, but it's all good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVnoaPPpWog

Betsy_Boo wrote:"THERE NEVER WAS A MAN LIKE SHANE!"
Hey Shane...did your folks name you after the movie hero?

No. Nor the book's hero, either.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby LauraK on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:47 am

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that your rl name was Roland....hehe, or is it Blondie?

J/K.....yes, he is more badass than tv-Shane. :) Though you do kick bad guys (and gals) to the curb here at Joe's you just don't have that badass-ness. You have a more genteel badass-ness.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby AppyRider on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:38 pm

New here....ahem,

I will also be glad when Tuesday is 'Gone with the Wind' as stated in a lovely Southern Anthem. We have voted already ( I and Spouse) and found the balloted 'ammendments' to be worded confusingly. Is that a word? Confusingly? Oh well...it's how I felt at the time.

It was like reading an inflected positive negative that was supposed to reflect change, but came off resoundingly negative-positive and begged the response of 'yay' or ney' without being clear.

I hate politics.
I am one of those, believe what you want, they will keep shoving mutiple choices down your throat your entire life, kind of people...I think.
AppyRider
Laura
AppyRider

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here