Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:46 pm

"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

Postby grasking on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Any one remember the foiled assassination attempt on Obama during the DNC?

http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/assi ... 02827.html
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:55 pm

I just don't know what to say about this stuff except it really scares me. Talk about terrorists!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:37 pm

That is just sick. It makes me sad that there are still people who think they are superior due to race....
My great grandfather once told me (and this is all I ever remember him telling me b/c he died when I was really young) something like this; It's important to know that no one is better than you, but more important to know you are not better than anyone else.
Seems like we are all supposed to shrug and realize people who feel like that are out there....I am sick of just shrugging at it. It is not acceptable.
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 pm

I recently said something about crazy rednecks up in the mountains, armed to the death that have been waiting for a moment like this their whole sister f'ing lives. Followed by something about the revolution.

Anyway, sadly I think this is only the start. We will see much more of this in the coming years if Obama is elected. Will it be successful??? I dont think so. Only because the secret service are a lot more efficient these days. Not to sound like a prick but I am not too worried for Obama. I am a lot more worried about what would occur if the rednecks pull it off. What would follow in the wake of an Obama assassination????? Again, not to sound like a prick, but certain aspects of our culture (pop culture) are not helping this matter. Example: BET recently held some kind of award show where so many of the participants openly gave their support to Obama. They made it into a political thing. One could take the message that , 'we, the black community, support Barak Obama. HE MUST WIN,' almost in an aggressive manner. The media: Barak Obama WILL CHANGE our country. My point: If your a redneck who may be contemplating an assassination, seeing all these aspects of our society throw their support behind Obama IN THE WAY THEY HAVE, this may motivate you to act. By seeing this CHANGE in the country. THIS MOVEMENT. This shift of empowerment toward something you hate above all else you may feel the time is now. Just my observation. By no means an attempt to justify this. I just think that they may feel this way.
And ThisGirl, what can you do but shrug and drink your nozzala????? Really. Anything else might make them (rednecks) feel cornered. And to everyone, lets please not make this into anything more then what it is. That is, two ignorant rednecks with guns and a twisted ideology probably too dumb to even carry out anything close to an effective assassination plot.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Mosbey on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:01 am

Why is this story even national news? These two are little more than a couple of loser thugs. From what I can tell, the only “hard” crime they have actually committed was possessing a single unregistered firearm…the rest reads like self-aggrandizing rants of fantasy…Possibly the Feds are trying to set an example?

I doubt we can discuss race without someone yelling “racist” but here goes…From what I can glen from news and the limited statistics out there at this time….contrary to popular expressed opinion, there does not appear to be any increase in political charged “redneck” rampages. I can find little evidence of increased “white on black” or “white on minority” crime.

The premise of this thread is misplaced. What seriously needs to be looked and corrected is the acceptance of rabid Liberal hatred and the resultant upswing in “Liberal on Conservative” violence, crime and intimidation.
Mosbey

Postby Shane on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:03 am

Mosbey wrote:Why is this story even national news? These two are little more than a couple of loser thugs. From what I can tell, the only “hard” crime they have actually committed was possessing a single unregistered firearm…the rest reads like self-aggrandizing rants of fantasy…Possibly the Feds are trying to set an example?

It's a federal crime to threaten the life, or safety, of the President of the United States. As I remember it, it's also a federal crime to threaten the life/safety of a United States Senator, too. Such statements are taken very seriously by the Secret Service.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 am

I know this whole subject is NOT funny, but you have to admit these guys WERE idiots. What's up with the white tuxedos and top hats? Preparing for an insanity defense?

At any rate, I hope and pray nothing happens to Obama.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:43 am

Shane wrote:It's a federal crime to threaten the life, or safety, of the President of the United States. As I remember it, it's also a federal crime to threaten the life/safety of a United States Senator, too. Such statements are taken very seriously by the Secret Service.

I understand that the threats in and of themselves are Federal Crimes…but from the article posted, this was more a crime of rants and BS spewing out of clearly disturbed individuals. The only physical or “hard” crime, as I termed it, was the unregistered firearm.

Betsy_Boo wrote:I know this whole subject is NOT funny, but you have to admit these guys WERE idiots. What's up with the white tuxedos and top hats? Preparing for an insanity defense?

At any rate, I hope and pray nothing happens to Obama.

Betsy is correct… It sounds like some sort of twisted “teenage-wasteland” driven daydream…something they told themselves and others to feel more important, not a truly credible threat to Obama. They were little more than skinhead “Walter Mitty s.”

This repeated media sensationalism is more for political shock value and distraction than anything else.
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 am

Shane wrote:
Mosbey wrote:Why is this story even national news? These two are little more than a couple of loser thugs. From what I can tell, the only “hard” crime they have actually committed was possessing a single unregistered firearm…the rest reads like self-aggrandizing rants of fantasy…Possibly the Feds are trying to set an example?

It's a federal crime to threaten the life, or safety, of the President of the United States. As I remember it, it's also a federal crime to threaten the life/safety of a United States Senator, too. Such statements are taken very seriously by the Secret Service.

They should lock these 2 up in an asylum and throw away the key. I disagree with you Mosbey that this is purely for "political shock value" This should make national news...it certainly puts my mind more at ease knowing the Secret Service and the FBI...etc, are on the job. Frankly, I'm sure that fear for Obama's life has been in the back of our minds ever since he was nominated. I've personally avoided talking about it because the idea scares me and maybe subconsciously I think if I don't give voice to those fears it can't happen and won't even be attempted. But I guess this stupid plot has obviously proved me wrong. And one more thing...after what happened in the past to JFK, Bobby and MLK, Obama and his family must have considered this before he ran for president. I think it proves not only how brave he is, but also that service to his country trumps personal safety. I think that makes him the real deal.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:09 am

Mosbey wrote:I understand that the threats in and of themselves are Federal Crimes…but from the article posted, this was more a crime of rants and BS spewing out of clearly disturbed individuals. The only physical or “hard” crime, as I termed it, was the unregistered firearm.

I understand what you're saying, too. However, though the only "hard" crime that you see being present -- unregistered firearms -- isn't the type of thing that warrants front page news at all, outwardly confessing the desire to use them against a senator, and possible president makes that the real criminal act. Additionally, their ties, beliefs, and m.o. in regards to path for succeeding their goals makes it all the more so.

It's really not all that often that people openly profess their desire to kill highly elected governmental officials, but when they do, even with everyone knowing the punishments and severity of the mention of it, then that type of event makes the front pages.

Or, perhaps what I mean to say is: even if their weapons were registered properly, claiming a desire to use them against a US Senator and presidential candidate after a road-trip massacre would have made the front page.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby meridith on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:19 pm

yeah, unfortunately, we may end up with Biden before the end of Obama's term. not that I mind the Biden, but well, having Obama killed by some racist would be awful!!! I figure it's really a race between Palin and Biden if you think about it (isn't McCain 72 or something?) I swear I'm not trying to sound cold/mean etc! But unfortunately it's reality. Obama is a brave man to keep going despite threats made against him that's for sure. Someone will eventually have to break that barrier of white men as presidents-I hope Obama makes it, and hope he can avoid being shot....sheesh

I'm glad they took it seriously. Making threats against someone's life IS serious!!!
meridith

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:20 pm

would you rather have Biden or Palin...
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 pm

ON another point.....what would you like the news to do...only report it after an attempt is made on another persons life...it doenst take alot of intelligence to pull the trigger on a weapon.
demorganakamark

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here