The free Beer tent....and entrance to the Circus.

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: The free Beer tent....and entrance to the Circus.

Postby grasking on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Mosbey wrote:Now who is most defiantly attempting to enflame and instigate by taking needless swipes? The hacks at places like Huffington and Dailykos are some of the worst of the liberal hate mongers. As you yourself say, Palin is not poised to be our next President. Let us confine ourselves to Reality.

grasking

Postby grasking on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Mosbey wrote:That said, Do you think that Putin's anouncement is coincidence, or does it have something to do with our change of leadership.?

Dmitry Medvdev is a Putin puppet. And if McCain was elected I'm sure the same announcement would've been made.
grasking

Postby Mosbey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Yes…that is the footage mark already posted Grasking gets a cookie??
Mosbey

Postby grasking on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:54 pm

The beer is free, but not the peanuts and pretzels.
grasking

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:32 am

FUdgeeeeeeeeeeee.........well, how much is the peanuts and pretzels..damn it, i knew that i should have taken a little plastic bag of mix with me to this damn thing
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:35 am

Mosbey wrote:Yes…that is the footage mark already posted Grasking gets a cookie??

Cookies have been disabled.

Well, you're calling the Huffington, liberal hate mongers, yet it appears FOX broke the story.
grasking

Postby Mosbey on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:59 am

Put it back into context…buddy.

1 I asked a question about Putin.
2 Mark stated and then retracted “…cant (you) even wait a day or 2 before you take a swipe at the new president..talk about how democrats are sore losers..”
3 Later, after retracting the previous statement, Mark followed up with a link to that story being gleefully bantered around by rabid liberals.
4 I replied “Now who is most defiantly attempting to enflame and instigate by taking needless swipes? The hacks at places like Huffington and Dailykos are some of the worst of the liberal hate mongers. As you yourself say, Palin is not poised to be our next President. Let us confine ourselves to Reality.”
5 You quote my above statement and post nothing more than the imbedded link from the huffington story showing the fox news clip Mark, huffington, et al were attacking with.

If my question was possibly a swipe, are you trying to imply that posting such stories here are not "swipes" and help the healing process?
So yes...were you looking for a cookie?
Mosbey

Postby Mosbey on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:10 am

grasking wrote:The beer is free, but not the peanuts and pretzels.

Many local businesses are now being told it is Patriotic to “supply” more beer....And hey look over there... The employees they were forced to layoff now have time to come! :D

NOW THAT could be taken as a swipe :wink:

Anyways, everyone have a great day!
Mosbey

Postby grasking on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Mosbey wrote:Put it back into context…buddy.

2 Mark stated and then retracted “…cant (you) even wait a day or 2 before you take a swipe at the new president..talk about how democrats are sore losers..”
3 Later, after retracting the previous statement, Mark followed up with a link to that story being gleefully bantered around by rabid liberals.
4 I replied “Now who is most defiantly attempting to enflame and instigate by taking needless swipes? The hacks at places like Huffington and Dailykos are some of the worst of the liberal hate mongers. As you yourself say, Palin is not poised to be our next President. Let us confine ourselves to Reality.”
5 You quote my above statement and post nothing more than the imbedded link from the huffington story showing the fox news clip Mark, huffington, et al were attacking with.

If my question was possibly a swipe, are you trying to imply that posting such stories here are not "swipes" and help the healing process?

I don't think your question about Putin was a swipe. But maybe you should've started a new thread, because the vibe I initially got from this thread was light heartedness. And I guess I should've explained myself with the Fox post. Fox is also reporting about Palin's shortcomings. I get the feeling the Republicans don't want her around the national stage in 2012.

As for cookies, it all depends on what kind you're talking about.
grasking

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Mosbey wrote:During the election, many sources said Putin and others were salivating at the chance of taking a crack at an inexperienced American President. Is this merely coincidence or just the start of grim reality?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081106/wl_ ... edev_putin

inexperineced American President.......those 3 words is why i thought that there was a swipe going on. And yes, this thread was meant to be lighthearted and not a hardcore political thread. And i agree with GK, for the most part i think this would have happened no matter what the outcome. As far as Palin, well, im wondering about her future.Has she fucked herself up with her actions ..or do you think that she will a player in the years to come..
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:15 pm

grasking wrote:
Mosbey wrote:Put it back into context…buddy.

I don't think your question about Putin was a swipe. But maybe you should've started a new thread, because the vibe I initially got from this thread was light heartedness. And I guess I should've explained myself with the Fox post. Fox is also reporting about Palin's shortcomings. I get the feeling the Republicans don't want her around the national stage in 2012.

As for cookies, it all depends on what kind you're talking about.

My favorite are Walnut Chocolate Chip.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:06 pm

Im a double chocolate man myself....hell, i just like the raw dough to be honest.
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 am

Palin was a big mistake. I say so because I've talked to a lot of people these last few days who say they liked McCain a lot and even thought about voting for him until Palin came on board. Now, in a fairness, I think she really got a bad rap from the media. They were terrified of the exitement she caused, the 'celebrity' she brought with her. It rivaled Obamas and they knew they had to destroy it. Sure, she gave them some fuel and all, but they went SOOOOOO overboard. Frankly, I think women should be offended by the way they treated her. I know if it was Hillary a lot of you lovely ladies out there would have been up in arms. Regardless, this election was Obamas to lose. He played his cards right, though he sure as hell got dealt a good hand. Unpopular Republican brand name, raised a SHIT load of cash, media getting a hard on whenever they so much as mentioned his name. How could he have lost??? Anyway, thats in the past and its time for us to throw our support behind this man. For better or worse. Because were married to him for the next four years, like it or not. And God knows we got a mess to get out of.

By the way you Dems: You get a year to two year pass for what Bush left behind. Now, after that, no more pointing your fingers at Bush or those nasty Republicans anymore, the buck stops with that person you see in the mirror. Get us back on track and you take FULL credit. Screw it up and YOU TAKE FULL CREDIT. And regardless, somewhere down the line things will get screwed up again, paving the way for a republican comeback. And maybe this time we can stick to what makes us what we are and learn from past mistakes and get it right.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:37 am

Oh, just noticed I left something important out. Things Obama had in his favor:

Tainted Republican name

More money raised then anyone in ANY political campaign times 2. CLOSE TO A FUCKING BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Media practically in the tank for him. MOST aspects of the mainstream media.

And what I forgot: AN ECONOMY THAT NEARLY COLLAPSED A MONTH BEFORE THE ELECTION. Notice that before that fateful day McCain was up for the first time by 2 points. NOTICE, a week after, down by close to 15.

As I stated, the bottom line is that this election was Obamas to lose.

But this is all reflection. The time for that is almost up. And now its time to move on. Or is it Moveon.org??? Hahahahahahahaha. Just kidding.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:48 am

So, Bush has 8 years to fuck us over..and yet you give Obama one or two.And if he cant get everything back to normal...then we take the shit load of fault...yeah right..
Bush was the katrina of the united states...it may take longer.
demorganakamark

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here