the war is over

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

the war is over

Postby doodoobird on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Wow!!! Its been a long time but the war is over. This politics section has gotten rough at times but I think it is time to call a truce. In less then 24 hours we will have our next president after eight long years of Bush. Whoever this next president is, with the problems we face, he deserves some level of support from us all. It seems like Obama is going to take it but it sure as hell aint a done deal yet. Many things can happen. Especially in a year where the 'experts' have been wrong almost every fucking time. Really. But regardless, it has been a long political season and I for one am glad its over. Here in the politics section it has resembled a real war at times. So I would like to say to anyone and everyone, its been fun, if ever I have gotten 'into it' with anyone these last few months, well, I offer my hand in a cyber handshake to bring about peace in the forum, that is, until the next presidential election four years from now. So, I will try my best to support whoever gets elected and I really really really hope everyone else can do the same, your guy or not. If we all do this I know that we can solve all the problems before us (in the greater Americans uniting sense). Now, my hand is out there so dont leave me hanging (in the politics section sense). Lets go on this journey together. Do I smell something in the air???????? Well, thats for us to decide.

Thats my acceptance speech.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: the war is over

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:33 pm

LOl...not bad, not bad...
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 am

Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 am

doodoobird wrote:Wow!!! Its been a long time but the war is over. This politics section has gotten rough at times but I think it is time to call a truce. In less then 24 hours we will have our next president after eight long years of Bush. Whoever this next president is, with the problems we face, he deserves some level of support from us all. It seems like Obama is going to take it but it sure as hell aint a done deal yet. Many things can happen. Especially in a year where the 'experts' have been wrong almost every fucking time. Really. But regardless, it has been a long political season and I for one am glad its over. Here in the politics section it has resembled a real war at times. So I would like to say to anyone and everyone, its been fun, if ever I have gotten 'into it' with anyone these last few months, well, I offer my hand in a cyber handshake to bring about peace in the forum, that is, until the next presidential election four years from now. So, I will try my best to support whoever gets elected and I really really really hope everyone else can do the same, your guy or not. If we all do this I know that we can solve all the problems before us (in the greater Americans uniting sense). Now, my hand is out there so dont leave me hanging (in the politics section sense). Lets go on this journey together. Do I smell something in the air???????? Well, thats for us to decide.

Thats my acceptance speech.

Hi DDB! I really like your attitude. I have to say that this "war" has taught me alot about having a discussion with someone you don't agree with. I'm grateful that most of the folks posting here in the "Politics" forum have been able to do so without animosity and that we have been able to discuss things as adults. I've learned that it is truly possible to agree to disagree and that I don't HAVE to get so pissed off at people. I will shake your hand in peace and I promise that if my guy doesn't win I will do my best to support the other guy. I won't move away...I do love this country and the folks in it. No matter what happens we can still be friends.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:35 pm

And I shake it back. Together Betsy, we can change the world. You and I. Me and you. One post at a time.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby This_Girl on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:42 pm

They mentioned people may go through political and election coverage withdrawls. I found that funny until I realized I was sitting there watching the damn TV to see election information though I knew all the results I wanted to by then. Hmmmm.
This_Girl

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 am

im watching "TAXI TO THE DARKSIDE" ...i recommend it
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:39 am

demorganakamark wrote:im watching "TAXI TO THE DARKSIDE" ...i recommend it

I just watched that last week. I too recommend it.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 am

grasking wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:im watching "TAXI TO THE DARKSIDE" ...i recommend it

I just watched that last week. I too recommend it.

I saw it too...that's some scary stuff. I'm hoping once Bush is gone and Obama takes over that kind of crap will never happen again.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Yeah, they went over the line and they knew that they did...thts why Bush pardoned his own self from being prosecuted for war crimes........
demorganakamark

Postby Mosbey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:27 pm

demorganakamark wrote:Yeah, they went over the line and they knew that they did...thts why Bush pardoned his own self from being prosecuted for war crimes........

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122584386627599251.html

A great article to keep in mind as you ask conservatives to fall in line behind Obama. Mind your own rhetoric and prejudices…the road to healing and coming together is a two way street.
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:55 pm

I stand by my comment...
demorganakamark

Postby Mosbey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 pm

As do I…the repeated attacking rhetoric and liberal hatemongering should really stop if you expect cooperation.
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 pm

there is no hatemongering coming from inside here...its an obvious fact that bush took alot of liberties with his position...
demorganakamark

Postby Mosbey on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:24 pm

No hatemongering? Time will tell...
Mosbey

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here