W.

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

W.

Postby doodoobird on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 pm

I cant wait to see this movie. Oliver Stone may be a douche who has a thing for propaganda but he is a great director. Platoon, Wall street, Alexander (I liked it, at least. Except for certain parts which were tooooooo gay for me.). I also respect him as a vietnam grunt. And I believe he was in the 25th Infantry too, my same unit (I guess this based off of the Army unit in Platoon, a movie that was kind of his own life story) . From what I heard W. is somewhat fair to the real W. More so then I would have given him credit for. Should be entertaining to say the least. I prob wont go to the theaters to see it (I hate watching movies I actually might like at the theaters. Crying babies, loud people, e.t.c), just wait a week or two later for the bootlegs to hit he streets of N.Y. Shit, try a few days later. Anyway, if any of you see it before I do please post your opinions on this thread so I can get a little heads up on the film. Oh yeah, I DO think its kinda early to try to write history, no???? Thats basically what this movie is, no??? Think about it, when our childrens children (not counting you old people who already have childrens children) learn about the Bush years, much of what they learn will be from formats such as the movie W. They will learn history from the lens of Mr. Stone. Just hope he is fair, is all. :?:
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: W.

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:25 pm

There is one oliver stone movie that i wanted to see...his original version of conan.......but on the present topic..i may have to check out W when it comes out....OS has been hit or miss for me lately.....his earlier movies hit the mark alot better than his newer ones( my opinion..).
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:27 am

I'd like to see this movie. It looks pretty funny.
grasking

Postby Mosbey on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:02 am

doodoobird wrote: Alexander (I liked it, at least. Except for certain parts which were tooooooo gay for me.).

I have yet to see it…Did they happen to include a Scene of Alexander rallying his troops with a pickle?
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:33 am

Oh the commercials are hysterical! I'm definitely gonna see it...although like DDB I don't usually go to the theater so I'll probably wait til it's on dvd. My prob with the theater is these days it's not only expensive but I'd have to go alone and I hate that.

Regarding OS, I have liked most of his movies. He got a lot of crap over "JFK" and used some stuff that has never been proven. I think the movie did make the idea that the assassination was a conspiracy more credible and a lot more people believe it now than ever. Still, I think most people know that he does this and will probably take W with a grain of salt. On the other hand, I saw an interview with OS and he said he used actual transcripts for a lot of the movie. What I find most interesting about this movie right now is how it ties in with Joe's book club suggestion AMERICAN WIFE. It is loosely based on W's life told from the perspective of the first lady...even though I'm not a fan of W, it has made him seem more human.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Larry King seems to think its fair. He said it made you feel almost sad for him.
As for Alexander, he tongues one of his commanders a little too much for me. And we dont even know that Alexander was gay. Speculation that he might of been gay comes from a line from some guy in the middle ages who said Alexanders only weakness was ___________ (his commander guy friend) thighs. Soooooo gay. Anyway, how are you gonna base his gayness off of some guy who wrote something some 1700 years after his death??????
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Homosexuality was fairly wide spread in Ancient Greece.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 pm

doodoobird wrote:Larry King seems to think its fair. He said it made you feel almost sad for him.

That's kind of the feeling you get from American Wife, too. You feel sorry for him 'cause you see how he was raised and you realize he just doesn't know any better. I've actually found myself getting more pissed off at the first lady, 'cause she DOES know better.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Kiuku on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Well, anything will be better than "religulous". Maybe it was one of Alexander's lovers who tampered with his medicine from Antipater. It was customary to practice bisexuality, but not so much exclusive homosexuality.
Kiuku

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm

Kiuku wrote:Well, anything will be better than "religulous". Maybe it was one of Alexander's lovers who tampered with his medicine from Antipater. It was customary to practice bisexuality, but not so much exclusive homosexuality.

Religulous is playing at a theatre at UCI....buttttttt, i looked at what it was about..and decided that i would spend my time doing laundry
demorganakamark

Postby This_Girl on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:57 pm

I want to see this movie and I will be with the others who wait for DVD release. And tisk tisk DDB for suggesting a bootleg. I honestly (though tempted a few times) do not get my hands on those. I disagree with piracy in every form...however we all know DDB isn't the only one out there who obtains them :)

I like the song they play in the ads....that is PERFECT. (Once in a Life Time - Talking Heads)

Having read American Wife, I am also getting a more "human" vibe from him. I'd like to see how much American Wife really did reflect the President and the First Lady. I think it will be a good one.
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:05 pm

No guilt over here. Bootlegs are just a part of N.Y City. Most of the movies I own are bootlegs. Music on the other hand is a dif story. I support all the musicians I dig. I am sooooo addicted to Itunes.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Anyone see this yet??????????????
box office says: not many.
Still want to, though.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:05 am

I may go see it during the week......
demorganakamark

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here