Why are the teabaggers so stupid?

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Why are the teabaggers so stupid?

Postby Mosbey on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 am

Mark, check the post times…you will see that I actually cross-posted with Besty…

90+ percent of the “Best doctor(s) for…SPECIFIC REASON(s)…” are in the one Country that does not have a “Universal” system… Ummm…cause/effect. How is destroying a system of health care covering so 200+ million going to help anyone...let alone the 45000 number you banter about?

And Mark, you are confused.

The general welfare clause:

Article 1, Section 8 states:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."

Note it says “the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.”
The constitution distinguishes between The United States--aka the Fed, The states---aka the individual states themselves, and the People---aka…citizens. Oddly, the 10th amendment that I referenced earlier in this thread, makes these distinctions completely clear.

So yes…federally provided UNIVERSIAL healthcare is unconstitutional. But fear not...obeying the rule of law is such a small thing....
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:00 am

demorganakamark wrote:Health care Unconstitutional-well, im sorry, but i think that two words will stand in your way, general welfare.

Yes...and "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are a few more.

(Sorry...can't stay out of this. :( )
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 am

Mosbey, well see.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Mosbey on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:56 am

BB, honestly not to anger you:
The Declaration of Independents, as wonderful as that document is, like the preamble to the Constitution itself, outlines purpose, NOT foundations of law, and it is often misconstrued.

Mark, I am glad you brought up Welfare clause as it has often been used by Statists to justify all manner of absurd things.

"Well see"

Sadly you are correct…the powers that be have completely ignored the Constitutions and the laws of the land on numerous occasion…why expect them to obey the rule of law on any issue?

Please, show me a working socialized medical system.

Now…let me make it a little harder… show me a working socialized medical system that has the medical expertise of the US system…

Now let me make it even harder still… show me a working socialized system that has the medical expertise of the US system that has not relied on the US system for research, innovation, and progress…Find one if you can. :(
Mosbey

Postby This_Girl on Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Mosbey wrote:BB, honestly not to anger you:
The Declaration of Independents

:shock: In all honesty....not picking or being mean....you had me for a few moments thinking I was wrong for a big chunk of my life thinking it was the Declaration of Independence. That was funny! :shock:
Ok...resume your political banter.
This_Girl

Postby Mosbey on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

:oops:

Darn typos
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Well, im not 100% clear about all the changes and I will admit that some of the things that ive read doesnt sit well with me.
demorganakamark

Postby This_Girl on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Mosbey wrote::oops:

Darn typos

I don't like them, either. And you shouldn't be :oops: I was for even thinking for a second it wasn't a typo! :wink:
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:06 am

Fuck I hate this snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a bunch of important shit planed for this morning and now I cant leave the house. FUCK NEW ENGLAND!!! Time to move to Florida........ even if I end up saying that every winter. :D :wink:
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 am

I cant imagine snow being here in CA. Nothing ever freakn changes here.,.it gets cooler, it gets warmer...no major changes.lol
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:48 am

doodoobird wrote:Fuck I hate this snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a bunch of important shit planed for this morning and now I cant leave the house. FUCK NEW ENGLAND!!! Time to move to Florida........ even if I end up saying that every winter. :D :wink:

Hey DDB...how are you? I've been wondering what you've been up to.

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:51 am

46 right now and I am FREEEEZZZZIIINNNG. I am learning the "tricks" of surviving "winter".
*Keep the door closed when taking a shower, bring your clothes in, too!
*Clothes fresh from the dryer are nice & warm
*Turn the car on and get the heat going a few mins before
*Wear socks!
I cannot imagine living months in cold cold weather like a lot of you do. Pretty miserable right now...but, I still think snow and such has to be awesome and hope you all are warm & safe.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:22 am

This_Girl wrote:46 right now and I am FREEEEZZZZIIINNNG. I am learning the "tricks" of surviving "winter".
*Keep the door closed when taking a shower, bring your clothes in, too!
*Clothes fresh from the dryer are nice & warm
*Turn the car on and get the heat going a few mins before
*Wear socks!
I cannot imagine living months in cold cold weather like a lot of you do. Pretty miserable right now...but, I still think snow and such has to be awesome and hope you all are warm & safe.

Thanks TG...I love cold weather, but I have to say I'm worried about away-daughter. She's supposed to drive home today, but there's a blizzard warning where she is in the mountains and I don't think it's safe for her to be on the roads. At this point she's insisting on driving 'cause she has an eye appointment and is supposed to work tonight. I've got a knot in my stomach that ain't going away till I hear from her. :(

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks for the concern. Been sober for about 4 months and its been the hardest thing I ever had to do but given enough time things go back to normal. Suboxen goes a long way. Thats actually one of the important things I had to do today. Drive 30 exits to the veterans hospital to pick up my supply for the week. Was driving 80 mph with sleet coming down..... it was awesome.... I felt my wee wee stir a little. Love adreneline. Just got back. wish they had a hopital closer to me, had to travel to the other side of CT, close to RI.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:49 pm

doodoobird wrote:Thanks for the concern. Been sober for about 4 months and its been the hardest thing I ever had to do but given enough time things go back to normal. Suboxen goes a long way. Thats actually one of the important things I had to do today. Drive 30 exits to the veterans hospital to pick up my supply for the week. Was driving 80 mph with sleet coming down..... it was awesome.... I felt my wee wee stir a little. Love adreneline. Just got back. wish they had a hopital closer to me, had to travel to the other side of CT, close to RI.

I don't know how you manage to scare me and make me laugh at the same time DDB! I'm so, so glad you're doing better! And I couldn't be prouder of you if you were one of my own. Are you still in school or out in the work-a-day world?

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here