Best Horror Movies of the Past 10 years

Best Horror Movies of the Past 10 years

Postby aaron2010 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:42 am

Feast
Donnie Darko

just to name a few

Donnie Darko

Postby Barry_Wood on Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:57 am

I have to see Donnie Darko now. Sounds really good; checked it out at http://www.imdb.com Thanks for the thumbs up.

I saw THE MESSENGERS yesterday and if I were a teenager or even in my 20s I think it would have scared me more. Some scenes are eerie.
Barry_Wood

Postby Dana_Jean on Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:21 am

Well, it wasn't anywhere near one of the best horror movies of the past 10 years. In fact, it sucked, like huge. But, I have to give it up for the movie. Just the mention of the name sent me into spasms where I was curled up in a corner, shivering. I hid from my kid for days.

POKEMON.

I still have nightmares.
Dana_Jean

Postby aaron2010 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:26 pm

POKEMON.

I was horrified. :D

Postby Dana_Jean on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:30 pm

Don't you know it aaron. I mean, I want to know how the hell these Pokemon characters and their "trainers" don't dehydrate. Good God! They're constantly sweating these huge-ass drops of sweat. And ick, it's always flying all over the place.

I swear on their Poke balls, if one of those kids comes running at me with those Marty Feldman peepers and big drops of sweat spraying everywhere, I will go medieval on their buttocks.

I DON'T choose you Pikachu, you mother fuckin' creepy bastard.

(Okay. Am I in trouble for all the cuss words? My apologies that I couldn't be more intelligent in my choice of wording. Obviously, I have issues.)
Dana_Jean

Postby aaron2010 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Great rant.

:lol:

Postby Angie on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:59 pm

Last ten years? All my favorites are from the late '70s or early '80s, but...

The Sixth Sense

Mothman Prophecies

Wolf Creek - well, I wouldn't want to see that again, but it was one of the scariest I've seen in awhile.
Angie

Postby Tom_Piccirilli on Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:15 am

A TALE OF TWO SISTERS
OLDBOY (call it suspense/action/thriller but this baby gets me in the same place that all fine horror films do)
THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE
PAN'S LABYRINTH
the original Made-for-TV version of JU-ON
THE DEAD LETTERS available from Bantam Books now. THE MIDNIGHT ROAD due June 26th.
Tom_Piccirilli

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:48 am

JU-ON was made for TV?
Dana_Jean

Postby aaron2010 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:19 am

Oh! I forgot The Devils Backbone. That was so good.

I had a chance to pick up OldBoy not too long ago, but I got scared. All the stuff I heard about it makes me want to see it, but I don't want to be scarred for life. :lol:

Postby GLord on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:35 am

"Feast"..I was pretty excited about that movie and enjoyed the first 5 minutes but the creatures were pretty lame and the acting was horrible..I couldn't bear watching more then 30 minutues before I put this cd back in it's blockbuster case to promply return for something better.

They plan on making two more sequels..lmao.

Last ten years I loved the Cube movies, Ravenous,Reanimator,Army Of Darkness(I think that was w/in last ten years maybe not and I do realize it wasn't terrifiing but a classic that will forever be with us), Gingersnaps,Scream(didn't see the previews..just the poster and loved it when it came out..forget the sequeals..they suck),The Devils Rejects(Rob Zombie is doing the remake of Halloween..hell yeah),Event Horizon,Jeepers Creepers,and thats all I can think of right now.
GLord

Postby grasking on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:13 pm

I really liked "Slither".
I don't know if this qualifies as a horror movie, but I found "Hardcandy" to be a little disturbing.
grasking

Postby aaron2010 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:09 pm

Yes. Event Horizon was excellent. As well as the Cube movies.

How about the WW2 ghost movie BELOW ?

Postby GLord on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:21 am

Haven't seen "Below" yet..loved "Slither" as well(when I saw the preview the first thing that came to mind was the 80's classic"Night of the Creeps" a must see).

I forgot about a Russian film I just saw recently.."Nightwatch"...very good flick that's part of a trilogy...a pretty original vampire movie adapted from a novel.

I want to read the novels ..the first one has been translated from Russian to English and the two books after that will be as well but they just haven't done it yet....Apparently this is quite a cult series in Russia.

They've made the sequel to this movie"Daywatch" but it hasn't been released in the states yet.

I highly recommend "Nightwatch" though and anticipate the novel is pretty good as well.
GLord

Postby RachSuz on Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:52 pm

Actually, the book Nightwatch that has been published is three different stories. I'm not sure if it's the whole trilogy or not, but the movie is really only from the first story. And this was one of those rare instances where I thought the movie was better than the book. Might just be the translation. The subtitling in the movie is such an integral part OF the movie. I was GREAT.

I liked all the Ring movies, except Ring 2 (american version). HORRIBLE. I liked Pan's Labyrinth, but not as well as The Devil's Backbone. I want to see Tale of Two Sisters, but I just got my region free DVD player, so I haven't yet.

The first 15 minutes of Jeepers Creepers scared me so BAD, but by the end, I was yawning. What a letdown.

Anyone see Audition?
RachSuz

Next

Return to Pop Culture