What's Your Favorite Scene in Heart Shaped Box?

Joe's first novel.

Postby val04463 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:21 pm

Oh Yeah...and you can say any mean, vile , hurtful, hateful thing you want......Long as Ya add a Smilie!! :D
val04463

Postby KingoftheHill on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:08 pm

I also liked the initial sighting of Craddock and how Jude played things calm and tried to act as if he didn't see him. It may not have been THE most defining moment of the story, but it was the moment when I said to myself "this is going to be goooood!"

:)

And yes, typo's do happen here! :twisted: 8) There common, eye'd say.

:wink:

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby rat_girl on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:54 pm

My favourite bit was when Craddock climbed into Jude's dad, and when he climbed out again! THAT'S when you know youre in trouble! People hopping in and out of your aging relatives left right and centre! I loved it! Its the first scene I'm going to draw!
rat_girl

Postby This_Girl on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:43 am

I especially enjoyed when the story went to Craddock in Florida looking for the plane that went down...using hisw "abilities". I am partial to that b/c I was all "Yeah, yeah...I-75/Alligator Alley...right, yes...that is right here, and yes, the Everglades, yes...Joe's right about that being right there" LOL...I was excited to be "in my backyard" :oops:

I also liked when they screwed with Bama a little pretending they were "going at it"...that was cute.

I really liked it all, start to finish.
This_Girl

Postby Michael_D on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:19 pm

I loved when Jude kicked Georgia's molester/pimp's ass! The scene where he see's what happened the night Florida died was great too, and I was cracking up when Jude thought he might have had some fun with Bama back in the day.
Ooops, I forgot to put down a signature.
Michael_D

Postby Mr._Hex on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:21 am

I loved everything in Heart Shaped Box, but the scene in the diner stuck out to me as an oddly endearing reminder of how much Jude cares for Marybeth.

~ Hex
Mr._Hex

Postby Spook on Thu May 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Okay, so I have a lot of favorite scenes...

Number One would be when Jude realizes that Mary Beth and Anna are merging and becoming one person...when he starts calling her Mary Beth instead of Georgia. I also loved when he kicked the shit out of Ruger! Haha. And also when he finds Anna running down the highway in only a t-shirt and tells her it's really over, that's a great scene, really shows the depth of her illness. When he "sees" how Craddock killed Anna, and he tells her he loves her one last time, that almost made me cry! And of course the scene at the hospital.. "her skin paper, her bones hollow sticks"...love it.
Spook

Re: What's Your Favorite Scene in Heart Shaped Box?

Postby leandro-damasceno on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:19 am

for me I think it would be when Jude is "watching" what happened between Craddock and Anna when she died. Jude touches Anna's shoulder when she's confronting Jessica and Craddock in the hall. But especially when Anna is in her room listening to Jude and Craddock comes in and he is pulling the shades closed, and Jude says "I love you, Florida" and she "replied" "Love you, Jude" much to Craddocks surprise.

Same here. Love this scene. LOVE IT!
leandro-damasceno

Previous

Return to Heart-Shaped Box