ALA Reading List Award

Joe's first novel.

ALA Reading List Award

Postby DavidK44 on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:43 pm

Hello,

I just saw that Heart-Shaped Box took the top honors in the Horror category for the first ever American Library Association's Reading List Awards. 20th Century Ghosts also made the honorable mention list.

Thought I'd finally get off my butt and register for the message board to let people know....

More details can be found here:

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/006171.html
DavidK44

Postby LauraK on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks for the info, David- I didn't know that. Congrats to Joe!

Welcome to the board, btw. :)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:27 pm

Super cool!! Congrats Joe!! I read 4 books on that list...counting HSB and 20thG I also read The Missing and The Terror. Both are good but I especially loved The Terror. You're in good company Joe and you should be especially proud that you're #1!!!

Thanks for letting us know David. Welcome and let us know any other newsworthy items about Joe. :D
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Dana_Jean on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks David and that is pretty cool Joe.

Welcome to the board.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Betsy Boo wrote:Super cool!! Congrats Joe!! I read 4 books on that list...counting HSB and 20thG I also read The Missing and The Terror. Both are good but I especially loved The Terror. You're in good company Joe and you should be especially proud that you're #1!!!

Thanks for letting us know David. Welcome and let us know any other newsworthy items about Joe. :D

I'm sorry...I should have said the 2 best on the list was HSB & 20thCG. I guess I thought that should go without saying but when I re-read my comment it might not be obvious that's how I feel. Joe, you are definitely deserving of that #1 spot. Hope you understood what I was saying.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Return to Heart-Shaped Box