Boy's Life by Robert McCammon

Talk about the writers doin' it for you now.

Boy's Life by Robert McCammon

Postby Happy_Go_Lucky on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:40 pm

This book is, really, too good for words. It is so...gah! Just great, man. McCammon is a genius.
Happy_Go_Lucky

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:27 am

I LOVED Boy's Life! Even better than Swan Song, which was also a great read.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Happy_Go_Lucky on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Yeah, I still have Swan Song in my room somewhere. I picked it up a while ago and for some reason forgot about it. I'll definitely be diving into it now.
Happy_Go_Lucky

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:47 pm

You sound like me, Happy...I have a whole stack of to-read books, and yet I keep buying more. Today I went to the Barnes and got Chasing the Dead by Joe Schreiber, which someone on here (King?) recommended. I also bought We're All in This Together by Owen King. Due to being a member of this board I found out that Owen (Joe's brother) had a book of short stories out and I really wanted to see what his writing was like. I thought I heard or read somewhere that his sister is also going to publish a book as well. I could be wrong about that, but I hope not. The entire clan seems to have an amazing talent for the written word!

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 am

betsy, i think naomi published a church paper or pamphlet...she's not a storyteller, from what i can tell.

i have owen's book signed, and 3 of joe's. and tabitha and stephen's signatures on my SK t-shirt. (along with ridley pearson, dave barry, amy tan, scott turow, and others from the rock bottom remainder concert's pre-party i was fortunate enough to go to.)
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:21 am

Dave Barry? You met Dave Barry? I love Dave Barry. Dave would dig me. Yes. Yes he would.
Dana_Jean

Postby sybil on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:26 am

yeah, i did. he's really nice, and ridley pearson is a real peach. every one there was really nice.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:11 pm

sybil wrote:betsy, i think naomi published a church paper or pamphlet...she's not a storyteller, from what i can tell.

i have owen's book signed, and 3 of joe's. and tabitha and stephen's signatures on my SK t-shirt. (along with ridley pearson, dave barry, amy tan, scott turow, and others from the rock bottom remainder concert's pre-party i was fortunate enough to go to.)

I think what I read was that she was going to publish a book about the sermon as literature...ie, telling a story. Perhaps it was just a paper...or maybe I just dreamed it.

BTW...I am absolutely GREEN with envy over all your sigs. Did you get to hear them play? How about a review? I adore Amy Tan and Dave Barry!

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:58 pm

oh, it was great fun! um, they played a lot of old rock. i think they're pretty good...they think they stink. they're better than your average garage band, and it's just that you're so excited to see them and they are obviously having a blast. king was still healing and looked very thin and tired, tho. he was limping when i watched him leave to get in his car. when i had my time with him at the pre-party, i asked, "how are you, really?" he paused in signing and looked thoughtful, then said, "i've been better." tabby is a wild woman...she was up on the stage dancing like a maniac. amy tan had a couple of cool costumes - one a super sexy black leather cop's uniform that looked more like a dominatrix - which was intentional. LOL! oh, i forgot to mention mitch ablom...i saw him again at a signing here in des moines, and mentioned that i'd seen him in chicago at the halloween RBR's concert and he said, "oh, i'm very sorry." LOL! kathi goldmark, too. (i don't have any of her books...will have to check them out.) i've got tons of pictures, don't know where they are, tho. i'll look.

it was halloween, and one girl came dressed as the blood-spattered carrie. when the RBRs sang, teen angel, they had her get up on stage with them, and SK was throwing glittery silver halos out to the crowd, and he was wearing one, too.

betsy...you could be right...i could be full of shit. :D
janis the joeker
sybil

Return to Novels