AC/DC FAN

Joe's first novel.

AC/DC FAN

Postby AngusLover on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:49 am

Hey Joe are you really an AC/DC fan or just paying homage to Dad? I have been a fan since I first heard "Sin City" at the age of 13!! My 4 year old border Collie's name is Angus!! Love naming the dogs Bon (after Bon Scott) and Angus (after Angus Young) Also interesting that you had bon die, and Angus lives!!

Everyone thinks my dog is named after a cow! He is a spaz so No he is named after Angus Young! loved all the AC/DC references throughout the book. Especially the reference to trucks gone crazy at the truckstop! Reference to first King Movie ladden with AC/DC songs! Maximum Overdrive! Anyone elso a fan of both Joe hIll and Ac/DC? More references in book but can't recall them all off the top of my head. :D
AngusLover

Postby Michael_D on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:02 pm

We Roll Tonight
To the Guitar Bite!

I love AC/DC! Angus's the reason my first good guitar had to be a Gibson SG!
Ooops, I forgot to put down a signature.
Michael_D

Postby sybil on Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:56 pm

at one signing, he was wearing an AC/DC t-shirt, so i'm pretty sure he's a fan.
janis the joeker
sybil

Awesome

Postby Paige221666 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:17 pm

I thought it was great that Joe included the names of some of my favorite bands in the book. When I started reading it, I thought oh, god another suspense book. Then Joe mentioned the names "Bon" and "Angus" which made me think of AC/DC immediately. Then he started talking about Ozzy Osbourne, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Lynard Skynard. I'm only on Chapter 11 right now because I just bought the book, it was definately worth it. This is one of my favorite books that I have ever read. I noticed how that guy's name is Judas Coyne, which made me think of Judas Priest... I don't know if he meant it to be like that, or it's just that metal fan thing in me. I also love it how the word fuck is like on almost every page. No, seriously, I thought that was pretty awesome. That is the best word ever! Lol.
-Taylor Paige
Paige221666

Postby meridith on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:13 pm

I love AC/DC! My brother played in a band in the late 80s (LOL) and they always played AC/DC and KISS. I got kinda tired of hearing it over and over again though!
meridith

Postby val04463 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:08 pm

AC/DC is the only band I've seen more than Def Leppard.
val04463

Postby sybil on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:15 pm

our radio station played them and aerosmith SO MUCH, that i just hate them now.

paige, welcome!

at the des moines signing, joe had an AC/DC t-shirt on under his button-down shirt!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:54 pm

Well, AC/DC with angus blazing on the guitar........of course im a huge fan..."ROCK AND ROLL AIN'T NOISE POLLUTION"
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: AC/DC FAN

Postby DarkAngel on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:28 pm

My son and I both are AC/DC fans, and I got quite a kick out of all the AC/DC references in Heart Shaped Box. I took my son to see AC/DC last year, in December, and we got to meet the band. They were a great bunch of guys! Let's see if I can get the photo posted...hope this works:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=856840&id=1085531345
DarkAngel

Postby Starchild on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 pm

I like Malcolm & Angus. They are such great guitar players.
Starchild

Postby desolationrow on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:01 pm

all the footage Ive seen of AC/DC with Bon Scott is great, I think Brian Johnson was the perfect guy to replace him but cant really get into Black Ice is it just me?
desolationrow

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:36 pm

desolationrow wrote:all the footage Ive seen of AC/DC with Bon Scott is great, I think Brian Johnson was the perfect guy to replace him but cant really get into Black Ice is it just me?

Well, the old stuff is great. Black ice has a couple of tracks that are Killer.
demorganakamark

Postby desolationrow on Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
desolationrow wrote:all the footage Ive seen of AC/DC with Bon Scott is great, I think Brian Johnson was the perfect guy to replace him but cant really get into Black Ice is it just me?

On AC/DC forums people still discuss who was the best frontman for me all I have is the recordings and I used to own the Let There Be Rock video why isnt that out on dvd? I was what seven when Bon died but can you imagine what AC/DC might have achieved had he lived? Even if Back In Black was arguably AC/DC's best album ?

They are still a band I listen to everytime they have a new record out and Im sure they still rock live? but studiowise theres been a steady decline.
desolationrow

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

desolationrow wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:

On AC/DC forums people still discuss who was the best frontman for me all I have is the recordings and I used to own the Let There Be Rock video why isnt that out on dvd? I was what seven when Bon died but can you imagine what AC/DC might have achieved had he lived? Even if Back In Black was arguably AC/DC's best album ?

They are still a band I listen to everytime they have a new record out and Im sure they still rock live? but studiowise theres been a steady decline.

Well, I think that every album that they put out...there is usually 1-3 that stands the ttest of time. Yeah, Bon and Brian are both great....would hate to argue for either side on that one. lol
demorganakamark

Postby foxslady on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:33 pm

My fav AC/DC songs are She Shook Me All NIte Long and Highway To hell. My middle son introduced me to them. I introducrf my oldest boys to Black Sabbath when they were 14 and 16

I love metal
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Next

Return to Heart-Shaped Box