Issue #4

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Postby LauraK on Mon May 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Hmmm, you're definitely on to something, Carrie!

Ok, I don't have enough info for a theory yet. I think the echo is Kim, possibly killed by Lucas or who fell by accident into the well.
Why does he (Lucas, who may or may not be Dodge) want the keys to Keyhouse? He must still be alive, then- right? Or is Lucas the spirit in the well and who is communicating w/ Sam? Is he able to appear in different forms to whomever is seeing him?

Stay tooned......:D Love all the nuances....

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Re: Issue #4

Postby Nerak on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 am

OMG! I just read four yesterday, I know, I am behind, but I have been trying not to read them until I get all of them...But when..

SPOILERS********

He did the killing on the bus all I could think of is "Please don't show the baby dead" That thought alone scared the crap out of me and just KNOWING that the baby was on board and now everyone is dead, I find it hard to believe that he would have left the baby alive. I am just so heartbroken about it....

*****End spoilers
Nerak

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm

There was allot of artistic restraint with the bus scene from issue #4 compared to The Walking Dead #48. You don't want to know what happened to baby Judith in her mother's arms during the prison escape at the hand's of the "Gov". It's even more heartbreaking to watch the father and main character Rick, unravel mentally over what happened, while raising his only child in this series' apocalptic setting.
NewEnglandGothic

Re:

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:23 am

grasking wrote:Where did Sam learn to drive a bus?

Wow. Good point. And a boat?
Lollipop4598

Re:

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:26 am

Carrie wrote:I don't remember anything about swallowing a key, but I could be wrong.

Right now I'm totally fascinated with the Lovecraft Senior Drama photo in issue 3. Kinsey's coach reacted at her "key" bracelet, I'm pretty sure that the coach is Ellie Whedon grown up, Ellie Whedon is looking up at Lucas Caravaggio, who is looking at the key bracelet on Locke's wrist (or perhaps at his arm around Kim's waist, hard to tell)... and Caravaggio looks (to me) like the Echo. AND the Echo was wearing a leaf crown like the one Kim is wearing when she appeared in Sam Lesser's prison sink. Could "Dodge" be a nickname for Caravaggio?

I'm reading too much into everything, aren't I?

Dodge is his nickname because he was captain of the fencing team. Dodge, because he can dodge. We are told that.
Lollipop4598

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 am

Also, Sam 's plan to get the keys wasn't exactly the smartest. But then, I suspect Dodge manipulated Sam first to kill Dad so the family would go to key house, then to threaten Nina and Ty and Kinsey so that Dodge could manipulate Bode into giving him the key. I have to say, Bode isn't my favorite of the kids. I didn't like him putting those fireflies into a jar. Its cruel. Im not even sure if I am not rooting for Dodge a bit too.
Lollipop4598

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Kinsey had a jar of fireflies too.
NewEnglandGothic

Previous

Return to Locke & Key