Message to the hopefuls

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby Kiuku on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:12 pm

You know what? After actually watching the video of Obama not honoring the flag with everyone else, I actually took the time to get the so-called explanation (can there be any?). That's not a still photo. That's a real video. The explanation from the Obama camp is that he "sometimes" pledges allegiance to the flag, and sometimes he does not. And you know what? That's even worse.
Kiuku
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby Mosbey on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Welcome to the padded room Blue!

I am unsure as to why you choose to quote that particular posting of Kuiku’s. Carter may have been a disaster of a President, but I do believe Kuiku is correct in stating that he said the Pledge and did not hate America. :wink:

Perhaps rather than just stating something to be “ignorant lies” you could provide a link to what you feel to be a correct and relevant reference?

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-deale ... ledge.html

What bothers me most is NOT Obama’s response…he actually handled it well….Watch and listen to the crowd…Many of them did not respect the pledge…
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby bluerosekiller on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Kiuku wrote:You know what? After actually watching the video of Obama not honoring the flag with everyone else, I actually took the time to get the so-called explanation (can there be any?). That's not a still photo. That's a real video. The explanation from the Obama camp is that he "sometimes" pledges allegiance to the flag, and sometimes he does not. And you know what? That's even worse.


Yeah, well, whatever ...

While I'm sure sure that this will draw some heat from both sides toward me, I'm definitely NOT one of those who sees & treats the flag as some sort of holy relic that demands one's absolute devotion. While I have respect for it as a representation of our nation, at the end of the day it's just a piece of colorful cloth. And I refuse to fall into some silly form of obediant idolitry just to please those around me who might be offended should I not do so.

If that makes me unamerican in your's or anyone else's eyes, that's fine. I can live with that.
I LIVE IN THE WEAK & THE WOUNDED
bluerosekiller
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:17 pm
Location: Buffalo, NY

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby doodoobird on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:01 pm

Actually bluerosekiller, many of the Obama rumors are true. The media just refuses to bash their project. Some are outright lies. Obama is NOT of the islamic faith. The pledge thing is ify, I'll give you that. But his association to radical type people is very very true, sir (ma'am?). If McCain had connections to a man that bombed the pentagon (connections such as a friendly relationship, accepting money for said radical) he could bet that the media would have chewed him up and spit him out by now. Most def.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby doodoobird on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey Blue, you should respect the flag. No one is asking you to worship it. But the flag represents many great things that warrants a pledge, dont you agree? Many people have used the flag for political games, you are right. Never mind that bullshit. Just remember what that flag stands for and always show it respect. And I dont know what really happened with Obama and the pledge, lots and lots of rumors. But I DO know that anyone who may one day be master of that flag must always love it. It should not even be a question for the president of the United States to show respect to the flag. If there is any truth to the rumor then Obama is a scumbag who does not deserve to live under the flag, let alone be ruler of it.

Not saying Obama is a scumbag. IF, is the key word here (as in if the rumors are true.) I do take those rumors with a grain of salt.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:03 pm

doodoobird wrote:Actually bluerosekiller, many of the Obama rumors are true. The media just refuses to bash their project. Some are outright lies. Obama is NOT of the islamic faith. The pledge thing is ify, I'll give you that. But his association to radical type people is very very true, sir (ma'am?). If McCain had connections to a man that bombed the pentagon (connections such as a friendly relationship, accepting money for said radical) he could bet that the media would have chewed him up and spit him out by now. Most def.

That is such a loooooooosee ifffyyyyy connection..
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:10 pm

Mosbey wrote:Welcome to the padded room Blue!

I am unsure as to why you choose to quote that particular posting of Kuiku’s. Carter may have been a disaster of a President, but I do believe Kuiku is correct in stating that he said the Pledge and did not hate America. :wink:

Perhaps rather than just stating something to be “ignorant lies” you could provide a link to what you feel to be a correct and relevant reference?

http://videos.cleveland.com/plain-deale ... ledge.html

What bothers me most is NOT Obama’s response…he actually handled it well….Watch and listen to the crowd…Many of them did not respect the pledge…

Obama did handle that extremely well.......im disappointed in the people myself...but it gives more credit to Obama about how he does love america and does respect the flag even in the face of all these people........He did the right things...Im proud for Obama for doing the right thing and raising my eyebrows to those who didnt...
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby Mosbey on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:42 pm

"That is such a loooooooosee ifffyyyyy connection.."

Then why did obama's political career kick off at Ayer’s house? Palin quotes “an author” about small towns and you felt it important…

Obama kicks off is career in the house of a founder of a bombing and COP killing organization and it is “loooooooosee ifffyyyyy” connection. Care to explain your double standard? Again you are acting like a zealot.
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:41 pm

Mosbey wrote:"That is such a loooooooosee ifffyyyyy connection.."

Then why did obama's political career kick off at Ayer’s house? Palin quotes “an author” about small towns and you felt it important…

Obama kicks off is career in the house of a founder of a bombing and COP killing organization and it is “loooooooosee ifffyyyyy” connection. Care to explain your double standard? Again you are acting like a zealot.

If you say so...
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby Mosbey on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:28 pm

so, to you Mark this is not a double standard?
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:05 pm

Mosbey wrote:so, to you Mark this is not a double standard?

If Obama knew before he went to this guys house..then it would not go well with me....
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby doodoobird on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 pm

COME ON, DEMO. You are smarter then that.

'If Obama knew before he went to this guys house..then it would not go well with me....'

I know you are not that naive. Of course he knew. This is what he DID NOT know then.................. that some day in the not too distant future the political atmosphere would be such that would allow him to make a feasible bid for the white house. If he knew that, I am sure he would not have gone over to the home of a terrorist to collect money.

Ha. Obama is funded by terrorist.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:16 pm

I have a feeling that he SHOULD HAVE KNOWN......
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Like i stated before...If McCain would have choose someone else......other than Palin..i would be undecided at this moment..it would depend on who McCain would have as his VP..it truly would..and thats the way im looking at it.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Message to the hopefuls

Postby Kiuku on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:16 am

What really concerns me about the Ayers association, Doodoobird, and I agree that he knew who Ayers was, or atleast figured it out after going to his house and hanging out with him on the advisory board..anyway Obama was just doing his thing, giving speeches. What concerns me is Ayers -liked- what he had to say, according to people who were there also. Ayers liked what Obama had to say and Obama continued together with Ayers for some time. It wasn't too long after he was a senator he decided to run for Presidential office.

I can't be harsh. It's a brilliant coup, really.
Kiuku
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests