WILLIAM AYERS

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

WILLIAM AYERS

Postby doodoobird on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Just wondering what you guys think about mr. ayers and his connections to Obama.
They ARE connected. We KNOW this. Obama says, 'Well, I was only eight years old when he commited his acts of domestic terrorism'. Well, I say, 'You were in your an adult when you willingly started a relationship with the man.' HE DID. Again, WE KNOW THIS. Do I think that because of the race for president, things have been blown out of proportion??? Of course. But not by much. WE KNOW that Ayers helped kick start Obamas political career. Again, WE KNOW THIS. All I can say is, WHAT THE FUCK?????? Obamas own campaign says, 'the two are 'friendly'. Again, WHAT THE FUCK???? Do I think that Obama is a terrorist? Do I think Obama hates his country? No and no again. But damn, it makes you wonder. And when you connect the dots, Wright, wifes comments, relation to a certain Palestinian leader, it REALLY makes you wonder. Now, a serious question to you Obama supporters: All I ask is for you guys to tell me how you see this connection (not as it being politically convenient for McCain, I mean, we all know that along with the timing of this becoming an issue has a purpose, thats obvious.) How do you justify it???? How does it make you feel? Do you dismiss it as meaningless to the real issues? Does it make you suspicious but not enough to say you wont vote for him??? Do you just not believe it????? Am just curious here. By the way, this question is just for the Obama supporters. Republicans here, we already know how you guys feel. I am really interested in your responses. One reason for that is because maybe your reactions can sooth my mind concerning the man who most likely will be our next leader.

Note: please, no Obama is a terrorist sleeper cell comments. OR, McCain is a racist shrewd politician for this type comments. Please, but I cant stop you.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Kiuku on Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:33 pm

please, no Obama is a terrorist sleeper cell comments.

Oh man..
Kiuku

Postby Kiuku on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:49 pm

I am interested in the answer to this question too. It is a clear case of the crowd crying free Barbaras. They'd rather have a corrupt Chicago politician with virtually nothing but shady associations, who has repeatedly back peddled, and has little to no executive experience than, for instance, a woman, or a Republican EVEN THOUGH..even though the Republican candidate has been on a Democratic ticket, and is more independent than Republican.
Kiuku

Postby Kiuku on Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:57 pm

It speaks of a familiar agenda. That is the corruption and vice deep within the hearts of American people bringing down a once great country to ruin.

This is just the majority of Americans who do know about Obama. The rest just respond to and believe his billion dollar advertisement campaign and just would rather live in the filth of their own ignorance. You or I can't change anyone DDB. We are pretty much just along for the ride.

Obama:

Fraud:

http://wewillnotbesilenced2008.com/video/index.htm

Lies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHPCZFUCs9k

Corruption:

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/the_camp ... mas-f.html
Kiuku

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:46 am

McCain hasnt been exactly clean .....Im sure that the reason that we discussing this again is because of Palin and her wanting to dodge what they should be talking about,.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 am

I just think it's old news. Being the age I am and growing up watching the Vietnam war on tv and all the protests...etc, there were a lot of people doing nasty things as well as good things in those days. It was a different time. That war/police action was an unnecessary horror for this country. And as bad as William Ayers was, our government did some pretty horrible things too. Think Kent State for example. At any rate, by the time Obama met Ayers, he was a college professor serving on a board to improve education in Chicago. Ask any baby boomer if they are the same person they were when they were in college. I don't know if Obama knew Ayers history when he met him...he says not and I tend to believe him. But even if he did, I'm sure it was obvious that Ayers was a different person when Obama met him. It has been my belief that if you're going to judge someone, judge them by their actions of today...not 40 years ago. I guarantee when you get to be my age you'll have lots of regrets. Obama has said he regrets his past association with Ayers and has had no contact with him for years. This whole thing is a non-issue...just something that McCain is using to scare people.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:20 am

And one more thing...I think it's reprehensible and irresponsible for McCain/Palin to rile up those rallies to the point where people are shouting "terrorist" and "kill him" everytime they mention Obama's name. (Shows you what kind of nut-jobs they have in their base.) If ANYTHING happens to Obama, the blood will be on McCain and Palin's hands.

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:20 am

Very insightful, Betsy.
As for provoking the audience, its a fine line there. McCain has every right to question Obama and his associations. This is a man who is running for the highest office in Government. WE have every right to know about this kind of stuff. And I think McCain has been responsible as of the last few days in reminding the audience that Obama is a good man.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Kiuku wrote:Maybe something should happen to Obama.
\
Kiuku, I hope that was out of impulse ......irresponsible comment on your part.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:39 pm

See? Exactly my point.

Betsy_Boo

Postby foxslady on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Well I was definitely around during the Nam crap and the antiwar protesters and I had never heard of Ayers until Palin started about it. Since that was happening some 40 years ago doesn't it seem likely that he has changed and grown up since??

Barb
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:58 pm

I heard of Ayers long before I heard of Palin, by the way.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Kiuku on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm

No I'm serious. This is treason.
Kiuku

Postby Shane on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 pm

doodoobird wrote:As for provoking the audience, its a fine line there. McCain has every right to question Obama and his associations. This is a man who is running for the highest office in Government. WE have every right to know about this kind of stuff. And I think McCain has been responsible as of the last few days in reminding the audience that Obama is a good man.

There's plenty to agree with here. I believe that someone running for the President of the United States has an obligation to allow for the people voting to learn all the relevant information regarding their holding that office.

It *is* a fine line, both there... and in here. I've already made a lengthy post about this folder and how it was being used by people. I don't mind differences of opinion... I rather encourage such things, actually. But, I want things dealt with in a civil manner -- and, by that I mean with topics and how you address one another within them.

I think that campaigns are traditionally ugly vehicles, and that even despite all the things said during them, people (for the most part) understand that it's part of the process to discredit opponents rather than display their own strengths. It's like a form of situational-hazing, for lack of a better term, where there's nothing inherently personal, per sé, but it's an incredible opportunity to hold the office, and one that brings out all kinds of different sides to people.

Which brings me to the reason I'm jumping in here right now:

I've heard from people about this recent comment specifically and the tone of posts in this folder in general, and I've got a couple more things to say about it.

There's a feature here on the board that allows for people to filter out some of what they see from people. It's called "Friends & Foes" and it can useful if you wish to use it. In the past, I've spoken out against it, because I don't like the idea that people in here would not want to share and interact with one another... but, with the growing frustrations facilitated from the Politics thread, perhaps it's the way to go for some of you. If you were to look at a person's profile, you'll notice there are two options in bold face: Add friend & Add Foe. What does that mean to label someone as a 'foe'?

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

....meaning, your experience here on the board wouldn't be bogged down with things from people with whom you're having trouble with, or don't agree with, or don't want to hear from at all.

Right now, it looks like Obama is going to win. Could change... probably won't. If you're for him, then this is great. If you're not, you better get used to it. Even McCain has taken to chastising his own supporters recently for their types of attacks and statements regarding Obama -- up to walking up and removing the microphone from a woman who was going too far in her statements about him at a recent McCain rally.

The suggestion that this should even be a consideration, a hope, or a remedy is upsetting. I'm sure that the meaning behind the statement is more than clear. It's also not welcome here. Joe wouldn't be happy at all to see this, I surely wasn't, and honestly... neither would Senator McCain.

This type of discussion is not going to happen here. The Internet is a large place, folks... and, if politics are your favorite topic, then you should know there are plenty of other places for discussing such things.

In my previous Politics-post, I said that if anyone in here believed it possible to switch someone's mind or voting-loyalty, then you're just kidding yourself. I still believe that. So, why not just agree to disagree and move on? Surely there are other avenues for using your energy or time, then to talk to someone whose mind is made up and won't change... isn't there?

This isn't to say that I want you to stop posting in here... not at all. But, you will be more respectful in how you do it or you will be leaving here.

This is the only warning about this I'm offering.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby grasking on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm

grasking

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here