WILLIAM AYERS

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Kiuku on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Grasking,

If it were only Ayers in Obama's background, yes I could see rationalizing it away with "as far as we know."

But maybe it isn't treason because Obama only pledges allegiance to the flag when he can cross his fingers behind his back.

Treason.
Kiuku
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Kiuku on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:48 pm

I love also how they call him a "bomb setting anti war radical" and not a TERRORIST.
Kiuku
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Shane on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:57 pm

Kiuku wrote:Grasking,

If it were only Ayers in Obama's background, yes I could see rationalizing it away with "as far as we know."

But maybe it isn't treason because Obama only pledges allegiance to the flag when he can cross his fingers behind his back.

Treason.


There's a certain irony here, K'... what with your having just suggested that "something" happen to Obama (which was clear in it's inference). That act is also one of treason.

Perhaps it's hard to see clearly when the shadow of one's hypocrisy casts such a long shadow...

just my ¢.02
Shane
Site Admin
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:49 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Mosbey on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:14 am

If we are discussing treason…where does this fall?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/po ... 129150.htm

Obama deliberately attempted to undermine the current administrations negotiations with Iraq for his own political gain.

Was this treason or sedition?

K is very passionate in his views. He and I can clash verbally at times, but I do think he does bring valuable input. Love him or hate him, K is not running for President…Obama is…
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Shane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 am

Mosbey wrote:K is very passionate in his views. He and I can clash verbally at times, but I do think he does bring valuable input. Love him or hate him, K is not running for President…Obama is…


I disagree.

Certain recent comments made are not valuable at all, no matter what mental-currency you're trading in. And, if it is, then there's much more to worry about than initially believed.
Shane
Site Admin
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:49 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Florida on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks, Shane for putting into words so eloquently what I was thinking as well.
There's a fine line between being passionate about your political beliefs and just sounding like a space cowboy and I think a few people have crossed it on this board.
Keep your pimp hand strong, Shane!
our love lives because i live.
Image
Florida
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Florida wrote:Thanks, Shane for putting into words so eloquently what I was thinking as well.
There's a fine line between being passionate about your political beliefs and just sounding like a space cowboy and I think a few people have crossed it on this board.
Keep your pimp hand strong, Shane!

lol....remember to use powder on your pimp hand before you unleash.......if anyone has seen "one armed swordsman" there is a scene at the beginnig where the master clearly shows the hand in the air before he unleashes it on his student...the above reminded of that scene...lets hope that shane doesnt have to go all "one armed swordsman" on people....
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Florida on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:20 pm

omg, mark!
You just reminded me of that movie with Redman and Methodman where the pimp puts powder all over his hand before he slaps his ho's.
This girl I've been talking to is amazing! She's so damn funny and smart. I'm taking her out this weekend. Wish me luck!
our love lives because i live.
Image
Florida
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:50 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Shane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Florida wrote:Thanks, Shane for putting into words so eloquently what I was thinking as well.
There's a fine line between being passionate about your political beliefs and just sounding like a space cowboy and I think a few people have crossed it on this board.


I think there is a fine line as well, and as I've said time and time-again: I don't mind people having and sharing different thoughts, views, opinions... I expect it. It's what makes for good discussions. But, there are lines... and I've drawn them to be quite definite in the past, I thought.

My using Moseby's comment above, however, might have been out of a context he didn't mean to be included within. So, for that, my apologies to him if I did indeed infer his statement to be from another direction. That being said, my opinion on the matter is still true -- without the springboard I chose to use.
Shane
Site Admin
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:49 pm

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Florida wrote:omg, mark!
You just reminded me of that movie with Redman and Methodman where the pimp puts powder all over his hand before he slaps his ho's.
This girl I've been talking to is amazing! She's so damn funny and smart. I'm taking her out this weekend. Wish me luck!

LOL.....my friend and compadre in physics use to tell me that....I think that its the same reference..Im glad that someone caught the reference....lol
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:36 pm

CALM DOWN, FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bottom line is, no matter who your for in this election remember that whoever wins deserves our support until they f that up. I agree with almost everything you post Kiuku, but damn brother, Obama dont deserve an early death. Is he that bad??????????? NO, of course not. And if he is, we dont know that yet. I personally think this nation will be much better off with McCain, the experience and bi-partisanship he brings. But that prob wont happen. I just hope Obama lives up to his rhetoric and not HIS RECORD.
On another note: there is no fucking reason why we all cant get along here. No need for friends or foes. Just be respectful to each other and their views, NO MATTER HOW DUMB THEY MAY BE. If someone makes a dumb comment, you should easily be able to articulate your counter and shit on their opinions without crossing the line. And if your not capable of that, maybe you should not be posting in the politics thread, cause your prob a dumb ass. Peace.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:20 am

The truth is DDB, things have gotten so heated in this forum that I HAVE to take a break from it. I'm not a "dumb ass" but when I find myself getting this upset I have to do something. Some people are just thowing shit out there just to get a rise out of others and they hit their target with me. The plus side of the "foes" designation keeps me from seeing their comments and getting too upset. Look at it this way...most of us ended up here because we love Joe's work and that's what I'm going to concentrate on. The election will be over in less than a month and frankly whoever is elected is going to inherit a mess I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby Mosbey on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks for the reprieve of slapping Shane…If I get slapped; I at least want to have earned it :shock:

I have to agree with BB…Whoever takes over will also likely still be shackled with the true root of much of problem…With a well disserved 15% approval rating...lower even than President Bush… Pelosi, Reid and this current Congress simply has to be one of the worst of all time. I would not wish them on my worst enemy.

Returning to the topic at hand however…

Honestly where do Obama’s actions in this case fall?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/po ... 129150.htm

Putting it kindly, "Attempting to complicate the negotiations" was certainly not in the best interests of our Country.
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:45 am

Mosbey wrote:Thanks for the reprieve of slapping Shane…If I get slapped; I at least want to have earned it :shock:

I have to agree with BB…Whoever takes over will also likely still be shackled with the true root of much of problem…With a well disserved 15% approval rating...lower even than President Bush… Pelosi, Reid and this current Congress simply has to be one of the worst of all time. I would not wish them on my worst enemy.

Returning to the topic at hand however…

Honestly where do Obama’s actions in this case fall?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/po ... 129150.htm

Putting it kindly, "Attempting to complicate the negotiations" was certainly not in the best interests of our Country.




Its in the article.....he wants to handle it himself..instead of bush fucking somthing else up..
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: WILLIAM AYERS

Postby doodoobird on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:58 am

Wants to handle it himself????????????????? HE HAS NO F'ING RIGHT TO HANDLE IT HIMSELF. If he wins the election, he still does not have a right to handle it himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not until the day he is officially on the job.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests