Politcal Misinformation

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Politcal Misinformation

Postby grasking on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:48 pm

I found this read to be interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00002.html
grasking

Re: Politcal Misinformation

Postby LauraK on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Sad, sad , sad...

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Mosbey on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

The fact that the researchers here are all democrats and are making a generalization about conservatives…one most likely along the lines of their initial prejudice beliefs about conservatives…makes this a bit too easy to slough off. I once read a research paper that attempted to conclude Conservatism to be a mild form of mental illness.

I would however like to see the actual papers before assuming the worst based upon a single WP Article. It might be nice to disprove the conclusions drawn, but frankly, it could be of great use were the conclusions indeed shown to be correct. It is of great constructive value to be made aware of potential weaknesses in one’s own character. Self-examination is often the hardest task of all. I have long ranted about the lack of tolerance to other viewpoints exhibited by liberals in general. Perhaps these findings could be somewhat of a conservative counterpoint?
Mosbey

Postby grasking on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 pm

My simple summary of the article: People are stubborn.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:46 pm

grasking wrote:My simple summary of the article: People are stubborn.

And close minded.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Kiuku on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I think the Republican party needs to get a move on, as Obama provides shuttle services at the homeless shelters for votes and busses the coke addicts to registration, to disenfranchise as many voters as possible. There should be foremost a multiple choice test on Politics in the US. You should need to know certain facts of what the position of the President is, compared to say, a senator. And you should have to know a little history, and you should HAVE to be educated, minimally on the current political situation/policies of the candidates. You shouldn't be able to vote if you've been a druggie or homeless for a while. For instance, I just saw an Obama supporter; she was clearly homeless and coked out.

And if you are a celebrity that disqualifies you for life.
Kiuku

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:57 am

Kiuku wrote:I think the Republican party needs to get a move on, as Obama provides shuttle services at the homeless shelters for votes and busses the coke addicts to registration, to disenfranchise as many voters as possible. There should be foremost a multiple choice test on Politics in the US. You should need to know certain facts of what the position of the President is, compared to say, a senator. And you should have to know a little history, and you should HAVE to be educated, minimally on the current political situation/policies of the candidates. You shouldn't be able to vote if you've been a druggie or homeless for a while. For instance, I just saw an Obama supporter; she was clearly homeless and coked out.

I think that would hit the REpubs just as hard as the Demo's......Arab anyone?
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:12 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
Kiuku wrote:I think the Republican party needs to get a move on, as Obama provides shuttle services at the homeless shelters for votes and busses the coke addicts to registration, to disenfranchise as many voters as possible. There should be foremost a multiple choice test on Politics in the US. You should need to know certain facts of what the position of the President is, compared to say, a senator. And you should have to know a little history, and you should HAVE to be educated, minimally on the current political situation/policies of the candidates. You shouldn't be able to vote if you've been a druggie or homeless for a while. For instance, I just saw an Obama supporter; she was clearly homeless and coked out.

I think that would hit the REpubs just as hard as the Demo's......Arab anyone?

Yes...let's go back to the 50's and make all the African Americans pass a test to be able to vote. Fucking bullshit. What did the Freedom Riders work and die for????????
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Our system would be much better off if every voter was required to put on a display of SOME kind of understanding of the candidates and what they stand for. But if you thought voter turnout was low now....
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Kiuku on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Yes in addition DDB I would also suggest a pee urinalysis.
Kiuku

Postby Kiuku on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:57 pm

We should have SOME mechanism in place to assure that people who are less than capable of thinking for themselves do not go into the voter booths either under the influence of drugs or brainwashed.
Kiuku

Postby grasking on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:44 pm

That would exclude everyone.
grasking

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here