All I need to know about Locke and Key

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

All I need to know about Locke and Key

Postby doodoobird on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:13 am

Just curious, what exactly is Locke and Key (comic? Whats the story? *no spoilers*), how many are out? How many are coming out? Can I find it at my local bookstore? By the way, its a big bookstore. Is it worth getting into? What would you compare it to? Oh yeah, I just got 'the long road home', the Dark Tower thing, has anyone read that? Should I read Gunslinger born first????? And are there any ones before that?? Any more coming??? And yes, i have read ALL the Dark Tower books like 5 times. Fav series and all. With that said, am I an idiot for not reading these comics yet??? Anyway, i know I can get all this info if I just looked around a little but am kind of lazy and it would be nice if someone can answer all these questions in just one thread for me. Smarter not harder. Thanks.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: All I need to know about Locke and Key

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:42 am

doodoobird wrote:Just curious, what exactly is Locke and Key (comic? Whats the story? *no spoilers*), how many are out? How many are coming out? Can I find it at my local bookstore? By the way, its a big bookstore. Is it worth getting into? What would you compare it to? Oh yeah, I just got 'the long road home', the Dark Tower thing, has anyone read that? Should I read Gunslinger born first????? And are there any ones before that?? Any more coming??? And yes, i have read ALL the Dark Tower books like 5 times. Fav series and all. With that said, am I an idiot for not reading these comics yet??? Anyway, i know I can get all this info if I just looked around a little but am kind of lazy and it would be nice if someone can answer all these questions in just one thread for me. Smarter not harder. Thanks.

Locke and Key:
how many: 6, with more to come starting jan 09.....there may be about 32 in all.
should you get it: hell yes..actually you can just get the graphic novel, it contains all 6 issues.
story: hard to say without giving away anything..........

The dark tower:
should u get gunslinger born: maybe, since you have read all of the dark tower books..but it may not be a bad idea since its a good start.

are you an idiot for not reading these comics yet: no, but if you dont ever read them....well, you get my drift
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:12 am

Oh DDB...you definitely want to read L&K...although waiting for the next installment is driving me apeshit! I wanna know what happens next! Waaaaaah!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:26 pm

Cool. Am on it.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Gabriel on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Patience, Betsy. All I can advance right now is that I REALLY think you won't be dissapointed, so the wait will worth.

best,
G-
Gabriel

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Gabriel wrote:Patience, Betsy. All I can advance right now is that I REALLY think you won't be dissapointed, so the wait will worth.

best,
G-

G, speaking for myself, I KNOW I WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.....and im sure that opinion echoes across this forum.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:11 pm

You're right Gabriel...I know I won't be disappointed. I'm gonna work on that patience thing...but it's really hard! You and Joe have created something pretty amazing and I guess the older I get the more I'm afraid I'll croak before I get to do all the things I want to do. Maybe that's why sometimes older people get impatient and crabby!

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:46 pm

I just got and read the hardcover with 1-6 in it- is that right? I think I am suppopsed to call it the Graphic Novel or something else? Anyway...it is fantastic, DDB. I really think you'll find it worth your time and then some. Plus, you can see how great Gabriel's work truly is. The little teasers we view here are great....but to see & hold it - just get it.
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:34 am

Yeah, am def gonna get into it eventually. Seems interesting. As of right now, I just got wayyyyyy tooooooo much stuff to catch up on.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 am

Yeah Gabriel, you don't need to ever think that we worry about the content/quality of what either you or Joe are doing.

....I'm about to blaspheme in the eyes of some.....

I think Locke and Key is the very best comic I've ever read/had. There's no fluff- the story is tight, suspenseful, original, intelligent and the art that accompanies it- and ties it all together- is brilliant. Seamless. You want to sit under a bright light and study it.

I am so stoked to be in on this from the beginning and have no doubt that the wait, while painful, will be well worth it.

(I still hope that Joe will one day write this in novel form. Can you imagine the characterization then??)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby sybil on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:03 pm

what's blasphemous about that?
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I think I'm gonna go crazy waiting for more Joe stuff. :(

Betsy_Boo

Postby Gabriel on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:47 pm

C'mon... just need to wait two months, and they'll fly away with Christmas and the New Year!

I'll start drawing issue 3 this week, and really think you'll enjoy this new season!

Best,
G-
Gabriel

Postby LauraK on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm

janis- are you kidding?? With some of the biggest comics ever like Superman, Spiderman, Batman, X-Men....all the "Mans...." Lol!

I just think it's the bomb. Better than any other, imo.

Gabriel- two down already! How exciting!! I cannot wait for them!!

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 am

Gabriel wrote:C'mon... just need to wait two months, and they'll fly away with Christmas and the New Year!

I'll start drawing issue 3 this week, and really think you'll enjoy this new season!

Best,
G-

Thanks for the update G! I know I'm being all whiney and stuff, but one thing you and Joe don't have to worry about is any of us losing interest during the wait. I'll be first in line at the comic book store when issue #1 of HG comes out! :D

Betsy_Boo

Next

Return to Locke & Key