Is Palin ready.

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Is Palin ready.

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:03 pm

this is just a reminder to those who think that palin is ready to be VP.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxAO7cH-xrE
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Is Palin ready.

Postby Mosbey on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:20 pm

Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:42 pm

Im sure that Biden is.......
demorganakamark

Postby Mosbey on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:08 pm

I have to disagree with you there. Very few take Joe Biden seriously. His near contant gaffs and repeated record of plagarism have fatailly undermined his credibility…

A better question is…are you sure Obama is ready to be President?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acy28CuL ... re=related
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Im sure that i would rather have Obama/Biden than McCain/Palin...
An article i just read made me think(and in a way made a reference)......who's hands would you rather have at the control panel of a Nuke......and it makes me laugh/nervous to picture Palin at the helm....
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:32 pm

If that interview didnt give you the chills thinking that could be the next VP of the united states...well, im shocked..Biden may make mistakes..but he has what it takes....with Palin it just doesnt seem that she is ready. Thats my opinion.Im sure that if she had more time and more experience then it would be interesting to see how she would do.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Mosbey wrote:I have to disagree with you there. Very few take Joe Biden seriously. His near contant gaffs and repeated record of plagarism have fatailly undermined his credibility…

A better question is…are you sure Obama is ready to be President?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acy28CuL ... re=related

I think that more people take Biden seriously than wht you think....and im sure that more people take him more seriously than they do Palin..
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:41 pm

well, it depends on if your a Joe six pack....
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:53 am

Or Joe the Plumber? The name Joe has certainly become very popular these days...the quintessential American everyman. Wonder how our Joe feels about it?

By the way, regarding experience...I like what Colin Powell said:

"Experience is helpful, but it is judgement that matters."
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:10 am

Not to attack the messenger there, but I had to chuckle at Colin Powell's endorcement. Powell was the engineer and more responsible than Bush for the Iraq United Nations Resolution 1441 strategy that the liberals despise.
So he does speak from “experience…”

That said, Given Obama’s admitted complete lack of experience, please provide proper examples of Obama’s good judgment. Jeremiah Wright, 'Tony' Rezko, Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers, Acorn, etc. etc. etc. are all glaring examples of BAD judgment…

Obama lacks both experience and Judgment...where does that leave us?
Mosbey

Postby Mercy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:08 am

By those qualifications of bad judgement, Moseby, McCain chose Sarah Palin, not because she was his first choice, or qualified, but because he would have lost Republican support if he had picked either of the men he really wanted by his side. Is that an example of good judgement? Even her supporters in Alaska don't feel she was an appropriate choice Check these out: http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/510703.html
http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/story/515512.html
I don't want to be censored, why would I want her in a position she could do it from?
Mercy

Postby Mosbey on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:42 am

Mercy, welcome to the padded room!

Mercy wrote: Even her supporters in Alaska don't feel she was an appropriate choice...

I am not so sure that the linked posts are true supporters...Palin’s approval rating among the people of Alaska ranges from high 60s to low 90s depending upon to whom you listen. She, like everyone else in office, does have some vocal detractors. Have you read anything on her even close to Obama's Ayers or Rezko connections?

Mercy wrote:I don't want to be censored, why would I want her in a position she could do it from?

You again repeat a debunked allegation that Palin is a censor…Like most of the crap spewed against her, Factcheck and others have time and again discredited the “Palin as Book Burning Censor” accusation. The following is chilling truth however...Obama and other Democrats want to reinstate true censorship under the guise of the so called “fairness doctrine.” Are you in favor of this censorship? Sadly today, If you do not want censorship, you do not want these "Democrats."

As for judgment of a VP choice… Biden is supposed to strengthen Obama’s total and complete lack of any Foreign Policy Credentials. Let us look at a few of the most important Foreign policy decisions of Biden’s long career…

Vietnam:
Biden and his party had role in cutting off aid to South Vietnam…leading to the Cambodian “Killing Fields” and resulting holocaust of 1.6 Million men, women and children…VVAW don’t like to admit that…

Cold War:
Biden worked actively to BLOCK Reagan’s push for SDI and the Pershing missile deployment in Europe…actions that according to Gorbachev and others directly resulted in the ended the Cold War.

Iraq:
Biden voted to give Bush the “blank check” for war in Iraq…
Biden wanted to break Iraq up into at least 3 states…

So…Biden was wrong 3 for 3 on world altering Foreign Policy decisions…You honestly think we can afford him at the helm?
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Well, its easy to judge based on hindsight..What has Palin done in relation to world affairs.......matter of fact...we didnt even know Palin until 7 weeks ago...
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:51 pm

Mosbey wrote:Mercy, welcome to the padded room!

Mercy wrote: Even her supporters in Alaska don't feel she was an appropriate choice...

I am not so sure that the linked posts are true supporters...Palin’s approval rating among the people of Alaska ranges from high 60s to low 90s depending upon to whom you listen. She, like everyone else in office, does have some vocal detractors. Have you read anything on her even close to Obama's Ayers or Rezko connections?

Mercy wrote:I don't want to be censored, why would I want her in a position she could do it from?

You again repeat a debunked allegation that Palin is a censor…Like most of the crap spewed against her, Factcheck and others have time and again discredited the “Palin as Book Burning Censor” accusation. The following is chilling truth however...Obama and other Democrats want to reinstate true censorship under the guise of the so called “fairness doctrine.” Are you in favor of this censorship? Sadly today, If you do not want censorship, you do not want these "Democrats."

As for judgment of a VP choice… Biden is supposed to strengthen Obama’s total and complete lack of any Foreign Policy Credentials. Let us look at a few of the most important Foreign policy decisions of Biden’s long career…

Vietnam:
Biden and his party had role in cutting off aid to South Vietnam…leading to the Cambodian “Killing Fields” and resulting holocaust of 1.6 Million men, women and children…VVAW don’t like to admit that…

Cold War:
Biden worked actively to BLOCK Reagan’s push for SDI and the Pershing missile deployment in Europe…actions that according to Gorbachev and others directly resulted in the ended the Cold War.

Iraq:
Biden voted to give Bush the “blank check” for war in Iraq…
Biden wanted to break Iraq up into at least 3 states…

So…Biden was wrong 3 for 3 on world altering Foreign Policy decisions…You honestly think we can afford him at the helm?

Rather have him than someone whose only foreign affairs experience is people flying in a plane over their head as they come ot AMerica.........
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:07 pm

Biden also
1) opposed aid to te Nicaraguan Contras
2) Biden has challenged the Republicans' unconstitutional insistence that the executive has the power to wage war without consent of Congress
3)He has also raised strong objections to some of the Bush administration’s efforts to develop new nuclear weapons systems and abrogate existing arms-control treaties

to name a few
demorganakamark

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here