Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Stupid F*&ks in this world...violence isnt the answer.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:52 pm

daisy wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:
daisy wrote:I do hope I don't offend or annoy anyone by saying this, but you in the US can have no idea of how anxiously and hopefully the rest of the world is also watching and waiting for the results of this election - at least, those of us in Europe anyway. I'm developing sympathy pains like the redundant husband of a woman in labour here.

I may know the answer to this daisy, but who are most Europeans rooting for?

Guess. :wink:

doodoobird: OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Europeans love the guy, even if most dont know squat about him. Am not trying to knock anyone here but that cant be healthy.

A trifle harsh, perhaps. We do after all have access to all the same sources of information that you do, and if we care to inform ourselves well, then we do. Though we are of course merely very, very interested observers and I reiterate I mean no annoyance or offence in commenting here on your election. And now I'm off to obsessively watch the updates.

Hey daisy...I love you!!!!!!! :oops:

Seriously, I am so grateful for all the good vibes coming over from across the pond. I'd like to see some pics too. Not too long ago I saw the movie "PS...I Love You" and I have a desperate desire to see Ireland. Of course I also want to see France, Greece and Italy, too. BTW, the polls are due to close any minute!!!!!!!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

PS...they are saying we may have gotten rid of Elizabeth Dole!! Oh North Carolina....I love you, too!!!!!

Betsy_Boo

Postby daisy on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 pm

qu Betsy Boo:

Seriously, I am so grateful for all the good vibes coming over from across the pond. I'd like to see some pics too. Not too long ago I saw the movie "PS...I Love You" and I have a desperate desire to see Ireland. Of course I also want to see France, Greece and Italy, too. BTW, the polls are due to close any minute!!!!!!!![/quote]

You do? Wow. Slightly bewildered as to why, but nonetheless charmed.
And I will find you some personal pics of Sicily, northern England and my father's hometown in Ireland if you like. France and Greece I'm afraid I can't help you with. (That's not really on topic is it? Hope I don't get spanked by a scary moderator.)

I was asleep when the polls closed. But have been grinning like a proper looper all day. Hurray!
daisy

Postby Melissa on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:19 pm

daisy wrote:qu Betsy Boo:

Seriously, I am so grateful for all the good vibes coming over from across the pond. I'd like to see some pics too. Not too long ago I saw the movie "PS...I Love You" and I have a desperate desire to see Ireland. Of course I also want to see France, Greece and Italy, too. BTW, the polls are due to close any minute!!!!!!!!

And I will find you some personal pics of Sicily, northern England and my father's hometown in Ireland if you like. France and Greece I'm afraid I can't help you with. (That's not really on topic is it? Hope I don't get spanked by a scary moderator.)

I was asleep when the polls closed. But have been grinning like a proper looper all day. Hurray![/quote]

Just so you don't get spanked by the scary moderator a.k.a. Shane...you can post your pics over in the Here's Looking at You thread, and I encourage because I'd LOVE to see those pictures. Betsy - we should plan a trip! I want to go to all those places too, mostly Italy!!! :)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Melissa wrote:
daisy wrote:qu Betsy Boo:

I was asleep when the polls closed. But have been grinning like a proper looper all day. Hurray!

Just so you don't get spanked by the scary moderator a.k.a. Shane...you can post your pics over in the Here's Looking at You thread, and I encourage because I'd LOVE to see those pictures. Betsy - we should plan a trip! I want to go to all those places too, mostly Italy!!! :)[/quote]

Hey...someday. I hope, I hope, I hope!

Where in Ireland is your dad from Daisy?

Betsy_Boo

Postby daisy on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Thank you Melissa. I should say I didn't actually intend to post pics in this thread, I was just a bit worried that even referring to them here might be a problem! But thanks for pointing me in the right direction to post them. And I will do so, once I get some time to do it!

Betsy - father, Kildare. Mother, Cork. You see I may be British born but cut me open and I'm green white and gold through and through!

And now I'm going to stop meandering off the topic, like a good girl.
daisy

Previous

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here