Locke & Key : Head Games

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Re: Locke & Key : Head Games

Postby demorganakamark on Mon May 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Gabriel wrote:Just drawing 22 pages a month is QUITE a task, believe me... To think in another format in a monthly series is almost impossible. And to make bigger comics, should mean wait longer between issues.... and bigger financial risk for publishers.

But, we always try to do special things for our readers, so issue 6 of Head Games will have a special lenght... 28 pages! Hope you'll enjoy it! ;)

Best,
G-

With the quality of your work G---I fully believe you.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby LauraK on Fri May 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Loved reading the "ingredients" for Issue#5. :)

The tension is building....

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey...has anyone said when HG #6 is coming out? I got an email about June releases from IDW but there was no mention of it. I checked the site too.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Kinda curious when Cemetary Dance is going release Grave Tales #7. Mr. Hill was advertised to have another short story in there. The last short story of his was creepy in a Creepy Magazine kind a way. I liked it allot.
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:05 pm

Got my #6 today...it is great! Questions are answered, but as usual more questions come up! Joe & Gabriel are SMOKING HOT!! I can hardly wait to find out what's gonna happen! September seems so far away!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Shane
Site Admin

Postby Shane on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 am

And, for those who like checking these out, one more recent round of reviews (the Ain't It Cool one you might have to scroll a little to find, but worth it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4T5KD0OnZI

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41627
Shane
Site Admin

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Neat comic reviews. Are the comicbookclub guys on the couch narcs or something? They mention holding drugs more times than an undercover high school cop. LOL.
NewEnglandGothic

Postby grasking on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:14 pm

NewEnglandGothic wrote:Neat comic reviews. Are the comicbookclub guys on the couch narcs or something? They mention holding drugs more times than an undercover high school cop. LOL.

Do you read Grant Morrison's stuff? There's a running joke that you need to be on drugs to understand it.
grasking

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:40 pm

grasking wrote:
Do you read Grant Morrison's stuff? There's a running joke that you need to be on drugs to understand it.

That explains We3. :twisted:
NewEnglandGothic

Postby DavidK44 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:18 pm

De-lurking for a moment to mention that the Subterranean Press version of Locke & Key: Head Games is now up for pre-order. The limited and lettered version orders currently require that you have the first volume, but the trade version is open to all...

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=hill05&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=20

Regards, DavidK44
DavidK44

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm

DavidK44 wrote:De-lurking for a moment to mention that the Subterranean Press version of Locke & Key: Head Games is now up for pre-order. The limited and lettered version orders currently require that you have the first volume, but the trade version is open to all...

http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=hill05&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=20

Regards, DavidK44

Yeah, that puts a damper on me gettting a limited.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby DavidK44 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:31 pm

I received my signed copies of Locke & Key: Head Games from River Run today. I had one personalized for my brother, and then got a second for my collection (as I'm getting the SubPress version too, I thought he'd appreciate the personalization more). The books made it through the Postal Orifice in fine shape, and the folks at River Run did an excellent job all around.

I'll have to re-read this section again - I read it in the single issue format, but I'm expecting that I'll find new bits to it when read as a coherent whole.

I have to say, my favorite part of these compilations have been the endpapers. I just love the architectural drawings Gabriel did for the mansion. I have a very soft spot for weird architecture and Victorian-style mansions. One of the first pieces of original art I purchased was a large drawing by Raeburn Van Buren from the 40s of a spooky mid-town Manhattan mansion. At the very least I'd love to get prints of the Locke & Key endpapers... great job on the design, Gabriel!

Regards, DavidK
DavidK44

Postby sgc1999 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 pm

got mine today. Very cool. cant wait to read it straight through. pic out some of the subtle things im sure i missed.
sgc1999

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 pm

I love being able to read it straight through! Picked up on a lot more. And who didn't love the "Known Keys" section in the back? And Gabe's step by step of how he & Joe work together?

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to Locke & Key