Why are the teabaggers so stupid?

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Why are the teabaggers so stupid?

Postby grasking on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Mosbey wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:All hail the First Amendment! :(

This is not anywhere near a violation of the 1st amendment…no one, government or otherwise, is telling the publisher what not to print. The publisher is removing some of the deliberately insulting statements, BY CHOICE, as a business decision…they do not want to lose comic book sales…

The "deliberately insulting statement" that is being removed was based on a sign at a Tea Party protest.

And I believe it is from a protest around February 2009.
Last edited by grasking on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grasking

Postby Mosbey on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Ok, and?

directly from grasking’s article:

"I don't know who did it, probably someone who thought it was funny," Brubaker wrote in an e-mail. "I didn't think so, personally. That's the sign being changed to something more generic for the trade reprint, because I and my editor were both shocked to see it."

Personally, I found Brubaker’s attempts to label the protesters as ‘racist’ to be much more disturbing((statements to be left in the comic)) hence my comment about them “…removing some of the deliberately insulting statements…" They do not wish to lose sales.

Completely off topic…please tell me we can now sum up entire political movements based upon a few of the signs…

http://www.zombietime.com/us_out_of_iraq_now_sf_3-18-2007/

Humm…I wonder where these people are now…from what I can tell we are still completely invested in both Iraq and Afghanistan…you don’t suppose there might have been total political hypocrisy on this issue do you? End off topic :wink:
Last edited by Mosbey on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Didn't answer my question, did you?
You know, I'm a Christian and I drink alcohol. I have had 2 martinis tonight and when you are a Christian and drink you find yourself getting really judgemental and PISSED OFF. You see, I don't think that a mom should have to choose between taking her child to a doctor and feeding the rest...or keeping the heat on. Since you don't have a solution to that and since I have had 2 martinis I only want to say FUCK YOU!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:58 pm

I love you betsy, nasty bitter edges and all...I really do. Sleep it off, we can debate tomorrow. :shock:
Last edited by Mosbey on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Mosbey wrote:I love you betsy, nasty bitter edges and all...I really do. Sleep it off, we can debate tomorrow. :shock:

Fuck you twice.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey Shane...I think you should ban me. I'm just about to my limit.

I'm gonna go watch LOST.

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:45 am

not going to invest much of my time in this forum. I still cant help but think.."whats wrong with universal healthcare". Nothing is perfect, and change is hard for alot of people. To each their own opinion.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:48 am

I dont think of this msg board as a locker room. I think of it as JOE's tavern....
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 am

Well, I guess if it's "JOE's Tavern" I'm in the right place.
I apologize for getting so ugly. Politics is something I should simply never discuss.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am

First, irrelevant as it may be to many here and the “reigning” powers in Washington, such a “FEDERAL” Health care system is, in fact, Unconstitutional. Like it or not, we ARE supposed to respect and abide by the rule of law.

"whats wrong with universal healthcare?"
Try to ask the French hemophiliacs what is wrong with such a system...oh wait, that might be a problem…Orrrrr…..how about…if the Canadian system is so good, why then did a Canadian Premier just come to the USA for heart surgery?

The US system may suck, but it is clearly better than any other universal system out there. Only fools still tell themselves “we will get it passed and then fix the problems!” I am sorry to have to break it to you, but there is NO Neverland.

“I don't think that a mom should have to choose between taking her child to a doctor and feeding the rest...or keeping the heat on.”
Factual example please? This sounds more like some “Gore-ism” about medicine costing less for a dog. Off the cuff, I will say that such a “mom” is clearly not taking advantage of other existing benefits programs…i.e. Food and heating assistance, how is one more going to help?

As an aside, do some soul searching. Being “Christian” has nothing to do with any such alcohol fueled, hateful, judgmental behavior. If you get this angry with someone responding to you in a political debate after just 2 martinis perhaps you should seek professional help or anger management.
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 am

Well, im sure that whatever someone may argue against healthcare, there are about 45,000 people who would have benefited from having it. Im sure
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:23 am

Mosbey, BB apologized for her comments. I dont think that its proper for you to attack a person after they apologized.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:30 am

Now, if you would rather keep more money in your pocket than let a non-perfect universal healthcare exist that could have helped some of the 45,000 people that die because of not having an opportunity to see a doctor, then sir, Im not sure what else there is to debate.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:44 am

Mosbey wrote:First, irrelevant as it may be to many here and the “reigning” powers in Washington, such a “FEDERAL” Health care system is, in fact, Unconstitutional. Like it or not, we ARE supposed to respect and abide by the rule of law.

"whats wrong with universal healthcare?"
Try to ask the French hemophiliacs what is wrong with such a system...oh wait, that might be a problem…Orrrrr…..how about…if the Canadian system is so good, why then did a Canadian Premier just come to the USA for heart surgery?

The US system may suck, but it is clearly better than any other universal system out there. Only fools still tell themselves “we will get it passed and then fix the problems!” I am sorry to have to break it to you, but there is NO Neverland.

“I don't think that a mom should have to choose between taking her child to a doctor and feeding the rest...or keeping the heat on.”
Factual example please? This sounds more like some “Gore-ism” about medicine costing less for a dog. Off the cuff, I will say that such a “mom” is clearly not taking advantage of other existing benefits programs…i.e. Food and heating assistance, how is one more going to help?

As an aside, do some soul searching. Being “Christian” has nothing to do with any such alcohol fueled, hateful, judgmental behavior. If you get this angry with someone responding to you in a political debate after just 2 martinis perhaps you should seek professional help or anger management.

Why did the Canadian Premier just come to the USA for heart surgery----well, the same reason that anyone would go someone to get a SPECIFIC procedure done, and because he is the canadian premier, im sure that he wanted to go where he thought was the Best doctor for that SPECIFIC REASON....THat hardly seem to justify not having a universal health care.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 am

Health care Unconstitutional-well, im sorry, but i think that two words will stand in your way, general welfare.
demorganakamark

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here