An Ugly Thought (spoilers)

The devil is in the details.

Re: An Ugly Thought (spoilers)

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:11 am

Brian...I know what you mean. This book stirred up a lot of "doo-doo" for me as well. I haven't read a book that made me cry this much since I read CHARLOTTE'S WEB when I was 8 years old.

And Doose...I think you are totally right. Perhaps in an odd way Lee was serving God? And regarding "soul mates"...I totally believe in them. I actually wish I didn't.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby bornoffire on Mon May 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I totally missed the signature on the treehouse letter....duh. I don't think I could handle a re-read again either.
SPOILER
i just re-read Merrin's letter to Ig, Ig's account of going to the treehouse, and Ig meeting her there in the end and got all upset again so I think I need to wait until I go through it all one more time. I can't seem to get it out of my system..it has also stirred up some things for me obviously.
bornoffire

Postby bornoffire on Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 am

I downloaded the audiobook and started a "re-listen" this morning in the car. I have already picked up on a few little foreshadowing details now that I knew the end of the story.
bornoffire

Postby This_Girl on Sat May 15, 2010 12:09 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:And regarding "soul mates"...I totally believe in them. I actually wish I didn't.

Sometimes I wish I didn't, too. Then other times it is pretty neat to see how my soul mate's and my life seem to intertwine. Just when I think our paths have finally veered off from one another....BAM! We collide. Infinite distance between us and a mere thought away at the same time. I find it interesting.
There are no what-if's here, only a bunch of what may come's lurking about.
With all respect to my husband- he has me 100% and I know I am meant to be with him right here, right now. My soul mate is an extension of me. He was never meant to be my "mate"...I don't feel anyway...he's just meant to be a strong part of me, who I was, who I am, and probably who I will be. If any of that made sense.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat May 15, 2010 10:44 am

This_Girl wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:And regarding "soul mates"...I totally believe in them. I actually wish I didn't.

Sometimes I wish I didn't, too. Then other times it is pretty neat to see how my soul mate's and my life seem to intertwine. Just when I think our paths have finally veered off from one another....BAM! We collide. Infinite distance between us and a mere thought away at the same time. I find it interesting.
There are no what-if's here, only a bunch of what may come's lurking about.
With all respect to my husband- he has me 100% and I know I am meant to be with him right here, right now. My soul mate is an extension of me. He was never meant to be my "mate"...I don't feel anyway...he's just meant to be a strong part of me, who I was, who I am, and probably who I will be. If any of that made sense.

That was beautiful TG. It makes perfect sense! And you're both very lucky to have found each other. :D

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Sat May 15, 2010 11:50 am

I need to find my soul stripper.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat May 15, 2010 9:15 pm

grasking wrote:I need to find my soul stripper.

:lol:

Betsy_Boo

Previous

Return to HORNS