Ebay ALERT!!

A place for topics not listed above.

Ebay ALERT!!

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 am

I just had a full day of rude emails from this one guy that is selling a fake signed Stephen King Book. So, i figured that it would be good to have a place where people can report any wrong doings and possible sellers that are out there selling fakes and what nots. My first canidate is this jerk:

nomodpnow
store name: Circle City Classic Books
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Ebay ALERT!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:32 pm

How'd you find out it was fake?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:How'd you find out it was fake?

THere is a place that you can go to let people look at the signature and with their YEARS OF EXPERIENCE and they are all stephen king collectors themselves, they will be happy to evaluate it themselves. I really trust these guys. Ive actually learned alot from them all.
here is the site:

http://skfakes.proboards.com/index.cgi?

OR, you can post a pic of the sig at SK's msgboard and ask the moderator to evaluate it for you.
demorganakamark

Postby Patrick on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:37 pm

skfakes has a stellar reputation. Another place for King collectors to ask about King collectibles is thedarktower dot com, specifically the Calvin's Corner forum. There's even an eBay fakes thread for this specific topic.

By the way, if you truly believe an eBay listing is selling a fake autograph (King, Hill or anyone else), you can report the listing to eBay. There is a link at the bottom of every listing. If eBay gets enough complaints, they do something because plenty of listings have been pulled after numerous complaints.

Personally I avoid flatsigned signatures unless I know the seller well. Life is simpler that way.

Good luck!
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Patrick wrote:skfakes has a stellar reputation. Another place for King collectors to ask about King collectibles is thedarktower dot com, specifically the Calvin's Corner forum. There's even an eBay fakes thread for this specific topic.

By the way, if you truly believe an eBay listing is selling a fake autograph (King, Hill or anyone else), you can report the listing to eBay. There is a link at the bottom of every listing. If eBay gets enough complaints, they do something because plenty of listings have been pulled after numerous complaints.

Personally I avoid flatsigned signatures unless I know the seller well. Life is simpler that way.

Good luck!

It depends, if i get a good feeling about a sig then i will lay down a bid.
demorganakamark

Postby Nerak on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah, SKfakes is a great place! Wonderful people to deal with. And I kinda like tdt dot com as well (lol to those who know me)
Nerak

Return to The Remainder Bin