What has pissed you off lately..

A place for topics not listed above.

Re: What has pissed you off lately..

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Every Christmas I feel like Charlie Brown. Especially after seeing the footage and reading the news stories about Black Friday. :(
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Francesca on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:34 pm

I have a stalker. He's a recording artist. I can't believe people are still dumb enough to buy his music. Most of the time I don't use my real name on the internet. Sometimes I feel like Sheryl Crow.

"There is something I see in you. It might kill me. I want it to be true."
Francesca

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm

LOL. its not appropriate to say what has recently pissed me off.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I am soooo pissed off today. I don't get pissed off very much to be honest with you. At least not about personal stuff. I am, after-all, the quintessential door-mat. I usually let folks treat me like shit with a smile on my face. But today...geez. Had a hearing and I realized half-way thru that the only people who really read my report was my supervisor and the attorney for the mom in the case. And he stood up and pure-d LIED! I'm sitting there thinking, "I might take this if I was getting paid, but I'm a freakin' volunteer!" I might even take this if they would allow me to say anything during the hearing to defend my position, but my supervisor wouldn't let me. I really, really want to quit. I will say this...this IS my last case. I'll find some other way to contribute to the good of society.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Melissa on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:56 pm

I'm so sorry this hasn't been a good experience for you! I'm still proud of you for giving it a shot!!! You'll find something more satisfying, I'm sure :)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Melissa wrote:I'm so sorry this hasn't been a good experience for you! I'm still proud of you for giving it a shot!!! You'll find something more satisfying, I'm sure :)

Thanks Mel...To be honest, I do feel bad about wanting to quit. But I have to admit that even beyond what happened today, I have a lot of trouble being so judgemental. And you have to be to do this kind of stuff. In this "job", being judgemental is a good thing. But on a personal level I have trouble with it. Of course if someone is abusive or neglectful it's easy to say they shouldn't have access to a child. But when you get into the shades of gray, it gets tough. There are no perfect parents, you know? I don't think there are many parents who could survive the scrutiny and the investigations we conduct. When this is all over I think I'll go back to the homeless shelter. I did that once with my church and I actually really liked it. The only drawback was it involved over-nights, but that wouldn't matter these days since I still haven't found a job. Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words. You are a sweetie! And I'm still praying for Nathan...hope he'll be home soon!

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:38 pm

BB,hmmm. I wouldnt feel bad about quitting, if the lawyer lied.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm

demorganakamark wrote:BB,hmmm. I wouldnt feel bad about quitting, if the lawyer lied.

Thanks Mark. That's another thing that bothers me about "the law". People accept lies. I think that's why people hate lawyers.

Betsy_Boo

Postby cbig_1 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:22 am

What's pissing me off the most right now? What seems to be a rise in the number of publishers putting out the same book in two editions and including "extra" chapters. What the fuck? I love to read and I love to collect...but this is getting ridiculous.
Not taking a jab at anyone in particular because every author I enjoy seems to be doing it. Just print the damn book and stop making me wonder what I'm missing if I don't buy both.
cbig_1

Postby grasking on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:18 am

kakak2005
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 am

grasking wrote:kakak2005

Ditto.

Betsy_Boo

Postby foxslady on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 am

one of the boards I frequent is giving me "you don't have permission to access this board" hubby said I was bad and got kicked off.LOL I did find others having the same problem guess it's a glitch but it's been 2 days now GRRRRR
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby Romeo_Haight on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:06 pm

i'm pissed that on every channel is commercials for iron man 2 and the nightmare on elm street remake.

i was kind of jazzed to see iron man 2 until i started getting oversaturated with marvel comics whoring their character to reese's peanut butter cups and even an ad for norton fucking anitvirus. every commercial i see of mickey rourke mumbling his shitty russian accent makes me want to see the movie less.

as far as nightmare on elm street rehash goes. i just hate the idea of remaking it. i hate all of the actors in it (aside from jackie earl hailey) and everytime i see a commerical for it or one of my friends tells me they are going to see it, i throw up a little in my mouth.
we're from america. we're from america. we turn literature into litter.
we're from america. we're from america. we believe in being a quitter.

Romeo_Haight

Postby Melissa on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Romeo_Haight wrote:i'm pissed that on every channel is commercials for iron man 2 and the nightmare on elm street remake.

i was kind of jazzed to see iron man 2 until i started getting oversaturated with marvel comics whoring their character to reese's peanut butter cups and even an ad for norton fucking anitvirus. every commercial i see of mickey rourke mumbling his shitty russian accent makes me want to see the movie less.

as far as nightmare on elm street rehash goes. i just hate the idea of remaking it. i hate all of the actors in it (aside from jackie earl hailey) and everytime i see a commerical for it or one of my friends tells me they are going to see it, i throw up a little in my mouth.

I'm going to see it :)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby grasshopper on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Foxslady,
If its the SKMB, Click on the folder tab for "new posts" above the "access denied" sign.
Sign in from there, and when you do, check the box that says "remember me?"
It's worked for me....good luck!
grasshopper

PreviousNext

Return to The Remainder Bin