What has pissed you off lately..

A place for topics not listed above.

Re: What has pissed you off lately..

Postby Romeo_Haight on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Melissa wrote:
Romeo_Haight wrote:i'm pissed that on every channel is commercials for iron man 2 and the nightmare on elm street remake.

i was kind of jazzed to see iron man 2 until i started getting oversaturated with marvel comics whoring their character to reese's peanut butter cups and even an ad for norton fucking anitvirus. every commercial i see of mickey rourke mumbling his shitty russian accent makes me want to see the movie less.

as far as nightmare on elm street rehash goes. i just hate the idea of remaking it. i hate all of the actors in it (aside from jackie earl hailey) and everytime i see a commerical for it or one of my friends tells me they are going to see it, i throw up a little in my mouth.

I'm going to see it :)

urrrrp*
we're from america. we're from america. we turn literature into litter.
we're from america. we're from america. we believe in being a quitter.

Romeo_Haight

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:59 am

Yeah, ill check it out just for jackie...Plus, Plus, Ive heard the bad and the good..but AICN..really convinced me to take a chance on it...and, and I would rather promote a horror movie rather than one of J-lo's shit these days..OUT OF SIGHT AND CELL...only good J-lo movies that exist.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 am

Romeo_Haight wrote:i'm pissed that on every channel is commercials for iron man 2 and the nightmare on elm street remake.

i was kind of jazzed to see iron man 2 until i started getting oversaturated with marvel comics whoring their character to reese's peanut butter cups and even an ad for norton fucking anitvirus. every commercial i see of mickey rourke mumbling his shitty russian accent makes me want to see the movie less.

as far as nightmare on elm street rehash goes. i just hate the idea of remaking it. i hate all of the actors in it (aside from jackie earl hailey) and everytime i see a commerical for it or one of my friends tells me they are going to see it, i throw up a little in my mouth.

I'm definately going to see Iron Man 2 but as for Nightmare on Elm Street...uh... no. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to see the remake, especially if they were a fan of the original. How are they going to improve it? Make Freddy a pedophile? :roll:
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:10 am

All these remakes are pissing me off. There happens to be a lot of writers out there putting out some really good ORIGINAL stuff. Remakes bore the hell out of me.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby foxslady on Mon May 03, 2010 11:32 am

I just found out my favorite restaurant will not be open on Mother's day, and that's where I wanted to go, this bites. Since it's a Mexican restaurant I suppose I could settle for Taco Bell.

Barb
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby Romeo_Haight on Sun May 09, 2010 9:02 pm

i was walking up my stairs with my laptop bag over my shoulder. without warning or fanfare the strap snapped and my laptop fell down five stairs and hit the floor in my living room broken.
this laptop has my short stories i was working on and all my music. currently it's hooked up to my old monitor which sucks.
i am beyond poor and unemployed so this has been a shit-tacular mother's day.

Romeo_Haight

Postby Romeo_Haight on Sun May 09, 2010 10:42 pm

here's a pic of what the screen looks like on facebook.

Romeo_Haight

Postby foxslady on Mon May 10, 2010 6:17 am

Romeo, that so sucks. I'm sorry you had such a shit-tacular day.

Barb
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon May 10, 2010 7:14 am

I hope you were able to save everything Romeo!

My daughter is pissing me off. She is home from college and when she went out last night with an old boyfriend she told me she wouldn't be late. She still isn't home. Is it unreasonable for me to expect a text message or a phone call telling me that she's staying out all night? I realize she's an adult but when I wake up at 3 am and she's not home yet I worry and I can't get back to sleep. She did finally text me at 7 to tell me she was ok, but geez!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Romeo_Haight on Mon May 10, 2010 9:51 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:I hope you were able to save everything Romeo!

My daughter is pissing me off. She is home from college and when she went out last night with an old boyfriend she told me she wouldn't be late. She still isn't home. Is it unreasonable for me to expect a text message or a phone call telling me that she's staying out all night? I realize she's an adult but when I wake up at 3 am and she's not home yet I worry and I can't get back to sleep. She did finally text me at 7 to tell me she was ok, but geez!

i was able to get all of my stories and works in progress off. it just bums me out because i loved my laptop.

i used to not call my parent's because we used to argue and they really pissed me off often which was part of the reason as soon as i was street legal i ran out of the house and moved 2 hours away and didn't speak to them for three years. however i'm not everyone. i come from a family of complex replicants who (as my wife puts it) never hug or express any emotions.

Romeo_Haight

Postby demorganakamark on Mon May 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:I hope you were able to save everything Romeo!

Its your place...your rules. That has to be respected.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 am

I know. I mean, how hard is it to send a text saying "I'm ok."? It's not like she has to go out and find a phone booth (like I did when I was young). When you're a parent and you have a half-way decent imagination you can think of all the truly horrible things that can happen at 2 o'clock in the a.m. Well...good imagination plus watching too many "Lifetime" movies. LOL!
Anyway, we had a talk and hopefully she got it.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Romeo_Haight on Tue May 11, 2010 1:13 pm

i got a new laptop wilst sending myself into a larger poverty spiral.
urge to kill fading...fading...fading.
Last edited by Romeo_Haight on Tue May 11, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romeo_Haight

Previous

Return to The Remainder Bin