where I spent my summer vacation

A place for topics not listed above.

where I spent my summer vacation

Postby foxslady on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:51 am

this is the website http://www.MountainPawsCabinRentals.com

WE stayed in the cabin called A Walk In The Woods, had to drive 11 hours to get there but it was well worth the trip, in the woods ,log cabin, gravel road (really narrow). All modern conveninces stainless steel appliances, etc. all we needed was our food. Best of all it's dog friendly. We got there and there was a bed for Sheba, a food dish and a bag of gourmet dog treats. It was pure heaven, we want to go back again hopefully next year in October, for the foliage (don't have any of that in Florida).
I get more disenchanted with Florida all the time and I'm stuck here.
This place is in Northwest Georgia in the high country, near the Tenn. border.

Barb :D
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Re: where I spent my summer vacation

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 am

That looks gorgeous fox! I've been thinking about doing this kind of vacation next year (mainly because my dogs don't do well in a kennel) and I've been wanting a mountain experience. Thanks for posting!

BTW, we lived in FLA before we moved here to NC and I have to say, I love it so much more here! I miss the beach but not the heat!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby foxslady on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Betsy, we lived in NH before we retired to Fl., I do love the beaches here, but not impressed with the bugs, snakes or gators. Funny how what seemed like it'd be great turns out not so great.
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:54 pm

I've never lived up north (I'd love to visit) but I'm thinking NC is just about perfect weather/bug-wise. We used to have to have an exterminator come every month in FLA...one time my dog got sick after and we had to take her to the emergency vet that night. I haven't had to call the exterminator since I've been here in NC and I've only seen 2 snakes in 8 years. It does get hot here, but the worst of it doesn't last long.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Return to The Remainder Bin