Happy Joe Hill Day!!!

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:43 am

Nevermind

Here is a sweet picture of Joe with some students ....
val04463

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:33 pm

My Spawn and I know what Shane looks like...She was taking a picture of Pennywise when Shane came out of the sewer...OK..it was the Men's Room...but none the less, she saw him!!!

Here are the signitures and doodles in my books I am going to auction off for my Animal Shelter:

val04463

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:36 pm

I had to explain the "Spinal Tap" reference in the third book to my Spawn..(Joe signed her book to The Spawn!), and my husband..I am so much cooler than they are.

On the other hand, Joe asked me what I thought the figure was that he doodled in 20th CG and I said "An Amoeba", Whoops, it's a Ghost! Dah!
val04463

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:38 pm

If Joe ever writes a book about haunted Amoeba's I'll be all over it!!
val04463

Postby Jane on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:40 pm

well at least he didn't sign it, "To the one she almost swallowed"

HAHAHOHOHOHAHAHA

oh sorry that's MY kid!
Jane

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:00 pm

val04463

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 pm

That was great val. I'm soooo jealous I don't live back east. I don't get to do shit.
Dana_Jean

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:01 pm

You do shit all the time!!

When I was standing in front of Joe and he asked how to sign the Books I said I would just like it to be something that pleases Dana Jean.....I spend all my time thinking of things that will make her happy", and Joe said "Isn't that basically what we all try to do?"..

My kid was so amazed..I had been trying to explain to her how witty, outrageous, funny and talented you are..Of course I didn't have this board in front of me, so I wasn't doing a very good job...Then when Joe acknowledged how important you are to all of us it made it so!!
val04463

Postby LauraK on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:55 pm

Ok, now you made me envision Joe in a Starfleet Captain's uniform, standing on the bridge saying "Make it so."
:shock:
:lol:

Great inscriptions! Took me a bit to figure out what "Doctor Hill" had written on the 1st one.....

That's obviously a ghost. A MALE ghost, for sure.....

See DanaJean? You're the glue that holds this board together! :D (Elmer's glue....Joe is the Crazy Glue....)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 pm

When I was standing in front of Joe and he asked how to sign the Books I said I would just like it to be something that pleases Dana Jean.....I spend all my time thinking of things that will make her happy", and Joe said "Isn't that basically what we all try to do?"..

Uhm....I think that's called sarcasm. Oh my lord val, that is so embarrassing. As sweet as that was (And that was unbelievably sweet!!) I'm just here to yak about Joe's work. And when Joe is busy writing, I yak about other shit anxiously awaiting the new stuff.

Joe probably, deep down inside, really wants to kill me because I won't fucking shut up.

This is Joe's place and without his generosity, we wouldn't have this place at all. So, I thank him for the opportunity to come play here.

... Out, out, brief candle! Dana Jean is but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets her hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. ...

Meaning: My purpose in life has passed me by and now I sit and vicariously live through those who are using every bit of their potential.
Last edited by Dana_Jean on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dana_Jean

Postby KingoftheHill on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:36 pm

What an awesome experience, val!!!!!!!!! I'm impressed and HOPE that one day I'll meet Joe. Hell, I'd love to meet any of you!!! :D

Are your auctions going to be live auctions??? If you do any on-line ones, I'd definitely get in on that great cause!

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby meridith on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:48 pm

ok wait.....you are saying Stephen King was there? Seriously? I totally missed that one! I showed up late. Did he leave or something? LOL

One of Tabitha King's sisters was behind me in line though! LOL she seemed really nice.

I'm not in any of the pictures.....Guess you missed me! LOL

val04463 wrote:Yes..Joe is the black dude...and Shane is the long-haired blonde girl.*gulp*

I think Shane looks a lot like Joe's dad, who by the way was at the reading...Have I mentioned that? No?!

I mean Joe's Dad was there, but I'm not so sure about Shane..I don't know what he looks like..There was a very distinguished well-dressed guy there over seeing the set up...He sat with a good looking woman with a shawl....
meridith

Postby meridith on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:50 pm

LOL, I guess I am in the pic! Well, a tiny part of my arm : ) Way over to the left towards the coffee place. I have a purple shirt on and was talking to someone I used to work with that happened to be at the signing

val04463 wrote:

The crowd..
[/i]
meridith

Postby MadamMack on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:09 pm

What a wonderful experience!
Yes, it's me!
MadamMack

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Where did you sit? I must have seen you!! Blondish? Yup..I saw Mrs. Kings sister...didn't realize she was in line...you must have been ahead of us.

Do you guys say "In line?"..I once read in a book that only New Yorkers say "On Line", but I've heard it so much that I can't believe it isn't more widely used!!

Joe also talked to us about Blood-Letting...OK...I'm lying.
We did talk about donating blood...My kid got on some tangent about how when we donate blood at the same time I try to get credit for her pint as well as mine because technically her blood is my blood..any way I said that was because I was considering going for the world record, which is 200-something pints. Joe said he had seen a spot on 60-minutes where I think it was Morley Shaffer was interviewing him and was kinda making fun of him. That is NOT cool...

I'll bet if Joe knew I actually remembered all this stuff he would be amazed..He would wonder how I heard or remembered anything he said as I was spewing/babbling gibberish like a star-struck Tourette's sufferer!
val04463

PreviousNext

Return to To All Appearances...