Is this OK?

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Is this OK?

Postby val04463 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:13 am

I'm posting this in a couple places so I am sure to get an answer.....Is this OK by Joe?

Here's my plan...I'm gonna buy an extra copy of each of Joe's Books and my Daughter is going to take pictures of Joe signing them and then I am going to auction them off/do a raffle as a fund-Raiser for my Animal Shelter!!!

Anyone have an Idea of how much I can put as a Value? I'm going to include a picture of Joe Signing them!!

And is it OK to do such a thing? Joe? Shane? anyone!

Postby KingoftheHill on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:21 am

Cool idea! Since you're buying the book, I think you're free to do anything with it. And, it's for a good cause as well!!!!

I hope you make a mint! I'd suspect the value would be $50-70, but that's just a wild guess at this point.

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby val04463 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:11 pm

Great Idea!!!
val04463

Postby sybil on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:45 pm

watch eBay to see what they're going for. (pisses me off in a way that people get them signed just to make money. sure, i literally had a suitcase-full signed, but they were all for specific friends who paid me for them - just the cost of the book and postage, tho.)

would you maybe make more from selling $5 raffle tickets? i don't know
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby val04463 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Yes , I'm going to try and figure the best way to earn the most!! I live in a teeny town, so am limited in how many would buy tickets,I'll figure it out after I give it a lot of thought! We aren't desperate for money at this time..so I can take my time, but in 4 months we have 19 kittens that will need to be neutered or spayed, so I have until then to think, scheme and plan!!
val04463

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:03 pm

val, I think this is a super idea and I hope Joe was cool with it too. I'm guessing he probably was because his generousity speaks for itself as we've witnessed here on the board.

If I was a rich person, I would approach a veterinarian and offer to pay for a day's worth of spaying and neuterings so people would bring in their pets. I think that would be a cool thing to do.
Dana_Jean

Postby val04463 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:05 pm

Thank goodness there are sweet people like you Dana Jean.....We have some here in Maine who also help out....Dogs aren't too much of a problem, as most folks now get them fixed, but cats are a different story! We literally find kittens in dumpsters, and in bags beside the road!! Mama's with babies are dumped and I am sure the folks never look back as they head to pick out a new kitten to replace that "Stupid Cat who got herself pregnant!"

Anyhoo..we house the outcasts and spay and neuter and find homes...Lots of fun actually!! We have "The Best Little Cat House in Maine"
val04463

Postby Barry_Wood on Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:04 am

Val, I too think it is a super idea.

I like people who help others.
Barry_Wood

Return to To All Appearances...