Joe is one of the Good Guys...

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Joe is one of the Good Guys...

Postby val04463 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:37 am

From watching and listening to Joe I can report that he is a sincerely good person who is respectful of others and is going to make a difference in the lives of everyone he meets. To be able to relate to and relay to others his love of life and people in such a public way is the true worth of a man.

Let us a think about that. Let's think how hard it is for us to get our opinions and feelings across, and then realize that Joe has shown us how a person can be an average guy with extraordinary talents can still appreciate how lucky he is to be able to do what he does. When he gives advice to young people you can see in Joe's face that he truly believes that any single one of us has the same potential and it is just a matter of applying ones self to a project. Us older mortals know that isn't completely true, but the young folks listening to him speak are inspired and awed with his words. I dare say Joe is as important to this world because of his values and enthusiasm as he is for his writing talent. He views the world as we all wish everyone would..A bit Fucked Up..but wonderful and fixable.

On a more somber note: I am a complete idiot when it comes to metaphors, symbolism and lessons. I asked if if ever a Story is Just a Story, which could become my stock answer when I was trying to join in discussions with you intellectual people.

Sadly, Joe answered "No". A story that is just a story would be boring. Bummer..now I am going to have to fake that I know something!

Anyhoo...I wish I were a better writer so I could convey the respect and esteem I have for a wonderful young writer named Joe.....If you get the chance to see him speak..Just Do It!!
val04463

Postby LauraK on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:24 am

I think you conveyed it perfectly, Val. Well done. :)

I hope to get the opportunity to hear him read and to meet him as well.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:19 pm

Me too.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Return to To All Appearances...