Joe's 20th Century Ghosts Touring Schedule

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Postby KingoftheHill on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:08 am

Oh, I don't think so! I've been to P.C. several times and it's absolutely breathtaking!!!

My wife's brother's girlfriend's parents lived there. :D

Did they do some of the 2002 winter Olympics there?? I think they did the luge, right? We went for the practice runs.

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:59 am

Utah is a beautiful state King. And, Park City is supposed to be high class touristy/artsy place--but, when I asked Joe about his booksigning for HSB that was held there, he would never respond. Which only leads me to believe that Park City, Utah crushed his spirits. Which then translates to: The Germans love David Hasselhoff; the French love Jerry Lewis and Joe Hill hates the Western states. :wink:
Dana_Jean

Postby KingoftheHill on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:03 pm

Dana Jean wrote:The Germans love David Hasselhoff

That always makes me laugh!!! Was it Saturday Night Live that coined that phrase??? :D :D :D

I'm sure Joe was so astounded by the beauty that he figures P.C. was just a dream. :wink:

C'mon, Joe. Make it up to DJ. Come to Oregon!

Sorry, Dana...it's every man for himself! :twisted: :wink:

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Yes, it was SNL that first told us that the Germans love David Hasselhoff. Norm McDonald in fact.

and King, I could live with Oregon. Oregon could be cool.
Dana_Jean

Postby KingoftheHill on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:41 pm

Yes, Norm at the Update desk. I think a lot of it was in the delivery. :)

I missed Joe last year in San Francisco. It's a 7 hour drive from here--I'd do it in a heartbeat now! 8)

KingoftheHill

Postby nyy3723a on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:00 am

Aww man - nothing south of Boston?!?!
nyy3723a

Postby grasking on Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:41 am

South Hadley, MA is south of Boston. Actually it's only about a half hour away from my house.

nyy3723a, I just realized you probably want something farther south.
grasking

A Question????????

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:24 pm

Hey Shane....
If Joe adds any dates to his tour will they be posted here? Is there a possibility that he will add some dates? If so, and he is coming further south, please tell him to hook up with the B&N in Winston-Salem in NC. Call and ask for Jane, our CRM. We'd love to have him for a signing!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: A Question????????

Postby Shane on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:55 am

Betsy Boo wrote:Hey Shane....
If Joe adds any dates to his tour will they be posted here? Is there a possibility that he will add some dates? If so, and he is coming further south, please tell him to hook up with the B&N in Winston-Salem in NC. Call and ask for Jane, our CRM. We'd love to have him for a signing!!

Yeah, if there are any changes to Joe's schedule, there should be some notification here or on the blog. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Re: A Question????????

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Shane wrote:
Betsy Boo wrote:Hey Shane....

Yeah, if there are any changes to Joe's schedule, there should be some notification here or on the blog. :)

Thanks Shane! Although I know I sound like an idiot I have to ask. Where is the "blog"? How do I find it?
BTW...My copy of 20TH CENTURY GHOSTS came in today. I love the look...I love the canvas cover, although working in a bookstore I have to say from experience that canvas covers pick up alot of dust. When I get paid on Friday and can actually purchase my copy, I'm going to wrap it up in a book cover. Also, I wanted to let you know that I put 20THCG on the counter of the information desk with my personal recommendation: "Who doesn't love a good ghost story? This book has some of the best I've ever read...and just in time for Halloween!" I will be singing Joe's praises and selling as many copies as I can. I feel I am doing a public service, introducing folks to Joe's work. I've already talked my asst. mgr. into it, even though he's not a fan of short stories. Best wishes on your tour, Joe!

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:59 pm

Where is the "blog"? How do I find it?

Just click on the Joe Hill Fiction Banner at the top of the page and it'll take you there. :)

I feel I am doing a public service, introducing folks to Joe's work.

You really are- good on you! :)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm

Thanks LK (she said sheepishly)...I'm not very computer literate and the whole blog thing has me flummoxed. But at least I know how to find the latest news in Joe's World. And regarding my "public service"? I am always so grateful to folks who point me toward a new author who is really good. How many times have we readers picked up a book and been disappointed? It is rare to find someone who not only writes well, but entertains us to the point where we are totally lost in the story. To find an author who makes us fall in love (or hate) with his characters the way Joe does is worth his weight in gold. I know I'm being greedy, but I hope it won't be too terribly long before he publishes again. No pressure, Joe, but your fans abide.

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Isn't that the truth? It's a good feeling to have enjoyed a book so much that you want everyone you come into contact with to read it too, lol!

I can't wait to have 2CG! :D

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Ft. Myers, FL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez Louise, Joe. I know you're only one man but can't you make a pit stop in NC? Guess I'm going to have to call Barnes and Noble tonight.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:33 pm

Hey everybody...I'm so excited. I took the bull by the horns and called the B&N in NH and ordered a signed copy of HEART SHAPED BOX!!! (I already have a signed copy of 20THCG...a very dear one!). I can't wait to get it...if he has time he'll even personalize it!

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to To All Appearances...