Joe's 20th Century Ghosts Touring Schedule

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Postby sybil on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 pm

good for you, betsy boo!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:34 am

Thanks Syb...I know I probably shouldn't have done it. I've been trying so hard not to use plastic, but I figured it was my only chance to get a signed copy of HSB. I am so thrilled to have signed books from an author who obviously has an amazing future ahead of him. I've been telling people at work how great he is...and he's so young can you imagine how he's going to grow and mature as an author? He has the potential to be one of the greats and it feels really good to be present at the beginning of his career. And the best part is, he's a really nice guy, too. We've had book signings at our store with some so-called big named authors and they turned out to be jerks. I am happy and proud to be a fan of Joe Hill's. BTW, I finally got my HC copy of 20thCG today...can't wait to read the new story!!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Manchester, NH signing

Postby mylife4usk on Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:54 am

Betsy Boo wrote:Hey everybody...I'm so excited. I took the bull by the horns and called the B&N in NH and ordered a signed copy of HEART SHAPED BOX!!! (I already have a signed copy of 20THCG...a very dear one!). I can't wait to get it...if he has time he'll even personalize it!

Hey there. I'm sure Joe had time to personalize your copy, there were only 25 or so people there. Of course that doesn't mean he didn't have a lot of phone orders to sign. It was quaint though and he read Last Breath which I read 2? years ago, but it cool hearing him read it. It's a great story. He answered a bunch of questions afterward and kind of rambled, apologized for doing so but I could have stayed there for an hour listening. lol. I gave him Kurt Cobain figure with guitar and microphone which he seemed to like. We got our pic taken, got an iced caramel macchiato then told Joe the score to the Sox game and left. Good times!

Guess there's a signing tonight. Hope Joe can make it home in time to see some of the Sox game. J.D. Drew just hit a grand slam! GO SOX!!!!
Peace, CJ
Joe's #1 fan
mylife4usk

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:00 am

That sounds great, Mlfsk! Do we get to see the pics? :)

I'd love to hear him do a reading. Tell us....should he keep his day job? Or is he Jim Dale material? ;)
I'd realllly like to hear him read certain scenes from Heart-Shaped Box, to hear how Jude and Craddock sound to him.

Perhaps when he does a signing here in Southeast MI. :D

Glad it was a good time.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:08 am

What is up with the time-stamp? It says I posted at 3 am on Sunday and in fact it's 9:08 Sat night.

What up, Shane?
Can my computer goof that up all on its own or do we have a poltergeist?

LK

LauraK

NH signing...

Postby mylife4usk on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:29 am

LauraK wrote:That sounds great, Mlfsk! Do we get to see the pics? :)

I'd love to hear him do a reading. Tell us....should he keep his day job? Or is he Jim Dale material? ;)
I'd realllly like to hear him read certain scenes from Heart-Shaped Box, to hear how Jude and Craddock sound to him.

Perhaps when he does a signing here in Southeast MI. :D

Glad it was a good time.

LK

I have a pic or two on my Myspace page if you are on there let me know. If not email me at Mylife4usk@aol.com and I'll send you one. ;) And I thought this WAS his day job? Hmmm.
If Jim Dale is the only audio book reader of Harry Potter, then I'd say Joe's better. I just didn't care for the audio of Potter. I also didn't like Frank Muller reading The Dark Tower books which people adore. I just can't get into the audio's, unless they're read by the author. Joe reminds me of his dad when he speaks if that gives you a better idea of what he sounds like. I think it is just better to have the author reading his own work., brings something to it., makes it special, ya know?

Peace, CJ
Hill's #1 fan,
Sox still winning, by 3!
GO SOX!!!
mylife4usk

Postby val04463 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:42 am

Hey Laura..you owe me a beer...or I owe you a beer..we both posted the same thing at the same time on different threads!!
val04463

Postby val04463 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:36 am

Anyone know what this means???

Thursday, October 25, 2007
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
XM SATELLITE RADIO/Sonic Theater

It is under " JOE HILL Appearances Supporting 20th CENTURY GHOSTS".

Is he going to read? Interview perhaps?
val04463

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:37 am

And I thought this WAS his day job? Hmmm.

I meant should he quit the day job to become an audiobook reader.

I'm on MySpace.

Well, we're opposites on the opinion of readers. I don't know if there was another HP reader- there never could be, for me. Jim Dale was amazing. When my 9 yr old heard him read as Voldemort, he said- "that guy's scary, mom." He meant Jim, not Voldy. :D

I've listened to everything SK has read, except the DT- sue me- (I've only heard George Guidall and he was very good. I want to hear Frank Muller...) and the one I enjoyed most was his reading of The Revenge of Lard-Ass Hogan on the Wavedancer Benefit CD.

He speaks in too much of a monotone for my taste but I hope he never quits his day job, either! :D (To become an audiobook reader....)

LK

LauraK

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:40 am

Val- HA! Glad you're not one to yell "Jinx! You owe me a Coke!" and then punch me in the arm! :D
Cuz that's what I was taught....

Laura yells that very thing at Val, punches her in the arm and runs away with her beer....

hehehehe!

LK ;)

LauraK

Postby val04463 on Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Yes..I've heard the "Owe me a Coke " one also..but the punch in the Arm thing we did when we met a VW Bug on the road...Yelled "Punch Buggy", then crippled someones arm with a right jab!!
val04463

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Lol! That's funny how in different regions, we all learned different variations of stuff. :)
We said "Slug-Bug!" and punched. I guess we're more violent here in MI.
;)

LK

LauraK

Postby Nerak on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:03 pm

Saw Joe Saturday.

He made it short and sweet so we, of Red Sox Nation, could go home and cheer on the team! LOL

We got our books signed first, then sat down for a reading from 20th Century Ghosts (the story).

He said that he was reading that one as he got the idea for the story from the old theater in town while watching a movie after 9/11.

Always great to hear you read, Joe!

You really should read all your own audios!!
Nerak

I GOT IT!!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you Joe! I got my signed copy of HSB today from the Manchester signing (it's a good thing, too, 'cause my daughter absconded with my other copy...gotta hide this one). Bless your sweet heart for personalizing it. I still can't get over how freakin' nice you are! I hope over the years you are able to stay your same sweet self in a world that (seems to me) is becoming more and more heartless. Your parents must be so proud of you...not just because you are so talented, but because you are so kind. I am proud of my girls for a lot of things, but what I'm most proud of about them is they treat people with kindness, compassion and generosity. If I had a son, I'd want him to be like you (is that too effusive? I'm sorry if it is, but it is so rare these days to experience human kindness in this world.) I know I have no right to ask another favor, but I'm gonna anyway. Whenever you can give us a teaser of your next work, could you do so? I'm really excited just thinking about what you'll come up with next!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

re

Postby dezm on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Anybody going to be at the Brookline signing on Monday? Alas, I live outta state now, but I have me dad going to hopefully get a signed 20th for me.

I also have this hobby where I've been trying to get all my favorite horror authors, artists, and publishers to sign a life size skeleton replica. His name's Ramsey :P

I'm up to 90+ sigs so far. I got some great people on there. Jack Ketchum, Brain Lumley, Brian Keene, Brian Knight, Rick Hautala,Wes Ochse and Yvonne Navarro, John Skipp, Tim Lebbon, Jeff Strand, Gene O'Neill, Wrath James White. Just to name a few.

Also some great artists like Alex McVey, Glenn Chadbourne, Chad Savage, GAK, Caniglia, and Keith Minnion.

Everybody's been really cool and digging it. Anyhoo I sent a leg with some killer artwork from Alex McVey to my dad to try and get Mr. Hill to sign it and maybe write a quote or something on it. Here's a couple pics of it.

dezm

PreviousNext

Return to To All Appearances...