Joe's 20th Century Ghosts Touring Schedule

A place to keep up on signings/readings

I GOT IT!!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:27 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you Joe! I got my signed copy of HSB today from the Manchester signing (it's a good thing, too, 'cause my daughter absconded with my other copy...gotta hide this one). Bless your sweet heart for personalizing it. I still can't get over how freakin' nice you are! I hope over the years you are able to stay your same sweet self in a world that (seems to me) is becoming more and more heartless. Your parents must be so proud of you...not just because you are so talented, but because you are so kind. I am proud of my girls for a lot of things, but what I'm most proud of about them is they treat people with kindness, compassion and generosity. If I had a son, I'd want him to be like you (is that too effusive? I'm sorry if it is, but it is so rare these days to experience human kindness in this world.) I know I have no right to ask another favor, but I'm gonna anyway. Whenever you can give us a teaser of your next work, could you do so? I'm really excited just thinking about what you'll come up with next!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

re

Postby dezm on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Anybody going to be at the Brookline signing on Monday? Alas, I live outta state now, but I have me dad going to hopefully get a signed 20th for me.

I also have this hobby where I've been trying to get all my favorite horror authors, artists, and publishers to sign a life size skeleton replica. His name's Ramsey :P

I'm up to 90+ sigs so far. I got some great people on there. Jack Ketchum, Brain Lumley, Brian Keene, Brian Knight, Rick Hautala,Wes Ochse and Yvonne Navarro, John Skipp, Tim Lebbon, Jeff Strand, Gene O'Neill, Wrath James White. Just to name a few.

Also some great artists like Alex McVey, Glenn Chadbourne, Chad Savage, GAK, Caniglia, and Keith Minnion.

Everybody's been really cool and digging it. Anyhoo I sent a leg with some killer artwork from Alex McVey to my dad to try and get Mr. Hill to sign it and maybe write a quote or something on it. Here's a couple pics of it.

dezm

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Who's leg?
Dana_Jean

Postby dezm on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:41 pm

Ramsey's leg! He watches over my books while my 2 year old son tries to rip his femur off. Heh.

dezm

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:44 pm

No, is this a REAL person? And if so, I want to know his story. How did he end up dead and in your possession? That is kind of cool.
Dana_Jean

re

Postby dezm on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Ah no. He's not a real skeleton. But you're not the first person to ask that. He's one of the fake ones they use at hospitals and colleges. I was a dork and named him Ramsey.

Long story short. Someone at Brian Keene's board posted a pic of a fake skull they had with a few signatures of some authors on it. A friend of mine jokingly said hey you should do that but with a whole skeleton. He was joking but I thought it was a brilliant idea. So I bought a fake skeleton from some company online last August and since then I've been emailing my favorite authors and artists and asking them if they'd like to contribute. Everyone seems to get a real kick out of it. I've had some buddies take pieces to conventions and signings that I couldn't make it too. I got Bernie Wrightson a few months ago which was wicked awesome. I've had authors write quotes on it. Two of my favorite authors both wrote flash fiction on a femur which is really killer.

In the past year I've got over 90 signatures. I still have about 50+ people I'd like to get. When he's finished he should be covered head to toe.

:D
dezm

Postby val04463 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:04 pm

Maybe I'll put Ramsey in my novel..Do names count as 2 words ?

Actually that is really cool..too bad Ray Bradbury couldn't sign it!
val04463

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 pm

I like the creativity of that dezm. Very cool.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Looks like something Jude would buy on ebay! Well...maybe not anymore.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:13 am

Coolest. Skeleton. Ever.

That rocks, dude. I am impressed and envious. Thanks for sharing- I hope you get everyone's ink on there that you're looking for. :)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

re

Postby dezm on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:37 am

Thanks guys. :D
dezm

Postby jodi on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:14 am

That is the strangest most unique thing to get autographed! Pretty cool, dezm.

My kids would love to play with Ramsey tho'. My brother has a little 3 ft. skeleton he puts out for Halloween and every time we go over to his house my kids want to play with Mr. Bones.
I heart
jodi

re

Postby dezm on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:21 am

Thanks. I'm glad people dig it. It's a fun project to do. When I'm done I'll have to make a see through coffin for it or something.
:P

Talked to my Dad and he had a really great time at the reading/signing last night. He was really impressed by Joe and how laid back the event was. He dug the whole atmosphere.

And my Dad came through for me. He got my leg bone signed and a book personalized to me and one for my son! I'm stoked! Wish I was there. Heard much Red Sox talk took place as well.

Thanks for signing my stuff, Joe! I really appreciate it. \m/
dezm

Postby LauraK on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:45 am

That's great to hear, Mark! :)

I see your skeleton being brought to a far-in-the-future episode of Antiques Roadshow one day by a distant descendant who finds it buried up in the attic:

"I think it belonged to an uncle who was a bit freaky....liked that "horror stuff..."

Then the look on his/her face when told how much it's worth with all of those amazing signatures and artwork, lol! :shock:

I'm sure that it's priceless to you right now- it would be to me. Very 8) .

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

re

Postby dezm on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:44 pm

lol. That's so funny you said that Laura. That's what I tell my wife all the time. She thought I was strange doing this at first but I kept telling her. "Look when Alex is my age he can take it on the Antiques Roadshow!" That's where this will eventually end up. I've already put it in my will to my son. Hopefully he'll like it.

And it is priceless to me. I've got all my favorite authors and artists on there. Pretty amazing. I still have like 50+ people I want though. :P
dezm

PreviousNext

Return to To All Appearances...