Mr. Hill at Southwest Fl Book Festival

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Mr. Hill at Southwest Fl Book Festival

Postby This_Girl on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 am

Hey Howdy Hey,
I plan on going on over to the Joe Hill signing at The Southwest Florida Book Festival, however I have conflicting information :(

On myspace, it says 03/14/08 (Friday) and Harper Collins says 03/15/08 (Saturday). Can anyone clarify for me? Perhaps he's putting in 2 days? If it is Friday, I need to get the day off. Ft Myers is almost 2 hours drive for me and I will be bringing my little one.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
This_Girl

Re: Mr. Hill at Southwest Fl Book Festival

Postby Shane on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 am

This_Girl wrote:Hey Howdy Hey,
I plan on going on over to the Joe Hill signing at The Southwest Florida Book Festival, however I have conflicting information :(

On myspace, it says 03/14/08 (Friday) and Harper Collins says 03/15/08 (Saturday). Can anyone clarify for me? Perhaps he's putting in 2 days? If it is Friday, I need to get the day off. Ft Myers is almost 2 hours drive for me and I will be bringing my little one.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

The correct date, according to the festival's official site, is indeed on Saturday the 15th. I've gone ahead and changed the information on the MySpace page to reflect the current date for festival -- thanks for noticing that. I'll double check with Joe to make sure he's not going to show up early and just sit in alone in the lobby, but it looks like Saturday is the day. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby This_Girl on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:53 am

Thank you very much! Can't wait!!
This_Girl

Postby sparky457 on Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm so excited for this!
sparky457

Postby This_Girl on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:09 pm

:)
I'm such a dork that I have had my hotmail e mailing me reminders for this weekend since....November-ish, December-ish. I was trying to make it a whole weekend deal, Joe Hill, AND catch a ST Red Sox game.
No such luck on the game :( Those games sell out pronto.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 pm

This_Girl wrote::)
I'm such a dork that I have had my hotmail e mailing me reminders for this weekend since....November-ish, December-ish. I was trying to make it a whole weekend deal, Joe Hill, AND catch a ST Red Sox game.

Hey...be sure to check Joe's blog post and the responses. It appears he will have an event Friday and Saturday. I wish I could go.... :cry:
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Betsy Boo wrote:
This_Girl wrote::)

Hey...be sure to check Joe's blog post and the responses. It appears he will have an event Friday and Saturday. I wish I could go.... :cry:

I saw that post. It was amusing. I can't make it to both, so just Saturday's event.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:32 am

TG...If you get a chance, come back and tell us about your experience at the festival...for those of us who can't make it.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:01 am

Betsy Boo wrote:TG...If you get a chance, come back and tell us about your experience at the festival...for those of us who can't make it.

Will do. If we are permitted, I will take photos/video. If I were brave enough and not as shy as I am, I would ask him to give you regulars "a shout out" - Considering who I am offline, I will most likely look at him, smile - and drive my butt home, LOL.
I will do my best to bring you all something worth reading / seeing :D
This_Girl

Reading in Fort Myers

Postby bibliosandy on Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Sponsored by LCEC
Harborside Room A1, 12:30 p.m.
Joe Hill is the author of the critically acclaimed New York Times bestseller Heart-Shaped Box, a two-time winner of the Bram Stoker Award, and a past recipient of the World Fantasy Award. His stories have appeared in a variety of journals and Year's Best collections. He calls New England home. Visit his website at http://www.joehillfiction.com
Saturday, March 15, 2008
LEE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM/Southwest Florida Book Festival
1375 Monroe ST Harborside Event Center Fort Myers, FL 33901
Promoting 20th Century Ghosts
Saturday, March 15, 2008
LEE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM/Southwest Florida Book Festival
1375 Monroe ST Harborside Event Center Fort Myers, FL

I WISH I COULD BE THERE, BUT, I CAN'T BE THERE AT NOON AND IN ST.PETE AND ORLANDO BEFOR 5. SANDY
bibliosandy

Return to To All Appearances...