Two new dates for Joe sightings!!!

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Re: Two new dates for Joe sightings!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks Shane. I'll put Joe's MySpace on my favs. I don't have a MySpace so I guess that's why I'm not a regular visitor to Joe's. And I'll keep an eye on that "Appearances" thingy on the blog. BTW, you mention 3 sites...what's the 3rd?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Thanks Shane. I'll put Joe's MySpace on my favs. I don't have a MySpace so I guess that's why I'm not a regular visitor to Joe's. And I'll keep an eye on that "Appearances" thingy on the blog. BTW, you mention 3 sites...what's the 3rd?

You shouldn't even really have to add the MySpace thing, actually. The three sites are: the main site, this message board, and the MySpace page. If you're paying attention to the blog and board, you're covered. Trust me.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby LauraK on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi Shane-

I know I haven't been around a lot lately but I saw you in here and was just over at the blog so I thought I'd ask..........

............is there any way we can get a link here directly to the Blog? Or is there one and I'm just a doofus?

Thanks-

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Shane on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 pm

LauraK wrote:Hi Shane-

I know I haven't been around a lot lately but I saw you in here and was just over at the blog so I thought I'd ask..........

............is there any way we can get a link here directly to the Blog? Or is there one and I'm just a doofus?

Thanks-

LK

Before the message board software was upgraded, the banner at the top acted as an image-link over to the main site. There has been talk that such coding can be used again with this new version, but as of right now -- it's not available.

So, you've got a couple of options available to you... you can bookmark the main site and, depending on what type of web browser you're using on your computer, you can place the link right at the top of the browser window. Mine, for example, could be placed right below the field you type web addresses in to, as there's space for 10 or so embedded links. Or, you can make a folder from your Bookmarks menu, and create something called "Joe Hill" for example. In there, you could place links for the main site, board, and MySpace page if you wanted.

Also, my browser has a site/address-memory enabled, so I only have to type the first couple of characters of an address I frequent, and the browser fills in the rest. So, I type "jo" and what comes up are the message board and the main site. I tap the down arrow once and hit enter, and I'm where I want to be.

I don't know if any of this is of help to you. I changed the "Welcome" message on the Portal page, located at the top, so that there's a link to the main site there now. But, to get there from the folders on the board, you'd have to click the Portal icon in the upper left part of the screen, then click the link I made in the welcome message. 2 clicks to get there. If you've got the bookmark in your browser, it's only one click. Not that big of a deal, but I've got a thing for trying to keep things ordered... (I say that, and I've got hundreds of links all over the place. It's seriously amazing I can find the power button!)

I know this was more than you wanted to know, surely... but, let me know if there's anything else I can do. If I can, I'd like to just make the header image be the link once again, so hopefully Informe will get on that for their next update.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:27 am

Personally, I've found it easier to go to the main site first and then click on "Message Board". I actually like that because I get to see if Joe has posted anything new...I don't miss out on anything.

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 am

Yep, I liked having the main header as a link to the blog......that was great. But I've been coming here and then just heading to joehillfiction.com and reading the blog. I'll do as Betsy suggested and bookmark the main and go there first. (Until Informe updates and makes the header-link doable again!)

Thanks for all of the info, Shane- it is appreciated. :)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Nerak on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Anywho, I try to keep up with his apperances and always post anything new that I find for y'all!! :)
Nerak

Postby Patrick on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:25 am

The San Francisco Bay Area misses Joe and pines for his return.
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:01 am

Nerak wrote:Anywho, I try to keep up with his apperances and always post anything new that I find for y'all!! :)

I for one appreciate all you do Nerak! :D Thank you!

Betsy_Boo

Previous

Return to To All Appearances...