Two new dates for Joe sightings!!!

A place to keep up on signings/readings

Two new dates for Joe sightings!!!

Postby Nerak on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Thursday, October 16th at 7pm:
Discuss the book with the author! RiverRun Book Group meets with bestselling author Joe Hill to discuss his short-story collection newly out in paperback, "20th Century Ghosts". Just in time for Halloween! RSVP to riverrunevents@gmail.com if you plan on joining the book group that evening.

Thursday, October 23rd through Saturday, October 25th
NH Writers' Trail 2008: Portsmouth Literary Festival

New Hampshire Writers' Project is twenty and counting! To celebrate, on October 23, 24, and 25 the Portsmouth Literary Festival will showcase the vibrant literary community of New Hampshire's Seacoast Region. Join NHWP and local partners, including RiverRun Bookstore, for three days of jam-packed excitement: readings, discussions, films, and more! RiverRun will be hosting several of the events, and be selling books at the headlining event.

On Saturday, October 25th, join the friendly staff at RiverRun for readings from three well-known authors.

At 5;oopm, bestselling author Joe Hill, author of "Heart Shaped Box" and the comic book series "Locke & Key", reads from the paperback of his acclaimed book of short stories, "20th Century Ghosts". Just in time for Halloween, hear this bestselling author read from his award-winning collection of spooky stories. The book received the Bram Stoker award, among several others.
Nerak

Re: Two new dates for Joe sightings!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info, Nerak! Glad you're on top of these appearances although they are still too far away for me. If you're going you must come back and tell us all about them...please? :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Thanks for sharing these dates!
Hmmmm....Hmmmm....I may be able to swing one of those. Since I've already sold my grandmother out and never went to visit her or the others...and I cannot go on Sept. nor can I go in November...I can plan for in between in Oct. Yeah....and then just figure out how far this is from MA, LOL. Nah - I better sit these out and *hope* Joe returns to FL sometime soon :0)

Hope all who can make these or one of them enjoys!
This_Girl

Postby Barry_Wood on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:05 am

Of course I can't come from Canada, but thank you for letting us all know, Nerak. Sounds like fun.
Barry_Wood

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Someday I swear I'm gonna get up there!!

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:11 pm

I would go if i had the oppurtunity... i still want my GRAVE TALES signed..but, first and foremost,i would want to get " TALES FROM THE CRYPT " dvd cover signed for Janis...since i didnt even notice it was in the booK THAT SHE GAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!...IM SO STUPID AT TIMES...i still kick myself for that blunder...
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby sybil on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:32 pm

oh mark, you got me plenty of signatures - don't beat yourself up. have you read my PM to you? i lovelovelove the extras you stuck in with my signed books - thank you! oh, and it was "creepshow" DVD, btw.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:26 pm

OH creepshow...yep, thats right...I was watching "tales frm the crypt" when i wrote the post....another brain fart on my part
demorganakamark

Postby sybil on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm

hahaha! well i was reading something about a cemetary when my phone rang, and i very nearly answered it "pioneer cemetary" rather than "pioneer security" - scared myself.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:38 pm

I do that all the time......saying crazy things when im distracted or working.
demorganakamark

Postby Nerak on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:58 am

If I do go, it will be the 25th. But I may just save myself for Halloween!

Don't want him to think I am a stalker or something! LOL
Nerak

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:37 am

halloween...what a great day
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 am

You know I kinda wish Joe's blog had an "Appearances" tab to click on. Would that be something you could add Shane?

Betsy_Boo

Postby Shane on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:You know I kinda wish Joe's blog had an "Appearances" tab to click on. Would that be something you could add Shane?

It kind of does... down on the right hand margin, under "Categories" you'll see 'Appearances' there -- though, clicking on it usually brings up past appearances. However, if you look through them you'll see that Joe does give heads-up nods to places he's going to be, too. So, what you're looking for, I think, really *is* there.

It could be tabbed, but it's not something I feel like we're leaning towards doing. Each of the three sites has a feature the others do not -- and though this is a good reminder for me to update the appearances on the MySpace page, it's not the kind of thing I think we'll be maneuvering over to the blog. Joe mentions appearances there in his posts, and we collect them here on the board in a specific folder, and they're highlighted over on the MySpace page in a list. For programming reasons I won't begin to bore you with, placing a new header item in the menu on the main site is kind of a pain in the rear. Now, this is not to say one person needs to go to all three to get their Joe Hill news, but that you can pick up on it from any of them, just in different ways. Hmm... maybe that's not coming out the way I meant it to, but with any luck, you're getting my point.

There's a lot going on, but we try to make sure the information is available as much as possible. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Thanks Shane. I'll put Joe's MySpace on my favs. I don't have a MySpace so I guess that's why I'm not a regular visitor to Joe's. And I'll keep an eye on that "Appearances" thingy on the blog. BTW, you mention 3 sites...what's the 3rd?

Betsy_Boo

Next

Return to To All Appearances...